Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6777798081828384858687888990919293 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    Eh anyone doing a 224. Valkyrie......im curious....cause I’m thinking of doing one...those poor coyotes this year
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Quote Originally Posted by davide montini View Post
    Eh anyone doing a 224. Valkyrie......im curious....cause I’m thinking of doing one...those poor coyotes this year
    Yes I have.
    What do you want to know?
    I PM'd you as well.

Has anyone installed a Luth MBA-1 stock on their Modern Sporter?

Name:  MBA-1-Black-600x800__43213.1543772685.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  143.2 KB

I first noticed them on the Armalite M15 3 gun rigs and prefer solid stocks with zero flex / movement so this fits the bill.

I know it will be a little heavier than some but that weight will be in the rear of the rifle (not the front) which I am OK with.

My question is does the charging handle still function correctly (even with the cheek riser adjusted up) or does the stock impede it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post

I first noticed them on the Armalite M15 3 gun rigs and prefer solid stocks with zero flex / movement so this fits the bill.

I know it will be a little heavier than some but that weight will be in the rear of the rifle (not the front) which I am OK with.

My question is does the charging handle still function correctly (even with the cheek riser adjusted up) or does the stock impede it?
    I have one on a rifle. Real nice piece of kit. I originally had the non adjustable one and the cheek wield is just a bit low. No problems with the charging handle. And it’s nowhere near as heavy as you’d think. Way lighter than the PRS I have on another rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P11 View Post
    How so?
    A friend I know who owns one of these says to push the little ball detent in with a very small flat head screw driver and tighten or loosen as needed.
    |CCFR|

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    I have one on a rifle. Real nice piece of kit. I originally had the non adjustable one and the cheek wield is just a bit low. No problems with the charging handle. And it’s nowhere near as heavy as you’d think. Way lighter than the PRS I have on another rifle.
    Thanks Shorerider, this will be the route I will be going then.......

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post

I have one on my stag and I do not like it.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    I have one on my stag and I do not like it.
    Care to elaborate?

Uber Super GunNutz
    Seems cheaply made. Doesn't fit tight on the buffer tube. Cheek riser ends up being in the way of the charging handle although it doesn't seem to impede the function of the charging handle.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Does Anyone have any tips to get the rear takedown pin out? I hit it with a small hand torch and snapped the Alan key, not sure if there is a better tool than an Alan key ? ,

Also has anyone had luck installing a hiperfire competition Trigger by removing the pin, did it function correctly ?