Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Seems like a buffer tube problem and not a lower problem
    There are three different types of buffer tubes. The standard, Mil-spec or Commercial

.....And the proprietary or what ever some call them which are not manufactured to any spec. These appear to be the third rate OEM Chinese made units that are flooding the market.

If you stick to the real or quality brand mil-spec you will never have any issues.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by yowski View Post
    Is anyone having an issue with these RRA LAR-15 10 round mags? They are not properly activating the mag catch and need to be inserted either with the release depressed or with some force in order to seat properly. They are also not releasing properly and require some force to pull out with the release depressed. I have no issue with 5 round rifle mags, in and out very smoothly.

I tested those exact mags with multiple mag catches and had no issues in the Sporter. Oddly enough my stag 10 has that issue with the 308 version.
    Try a different mag catch of you can

CGN Ultra frequent flyer propliner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    There are three different types of buffer tubes. The standard, Mil-spec or Commercial

.....And the proprietary or what ever some call them which are not manufactured to any spec. These appear to be the third rate OEM Chinese made units that are flooding the market.

If you stick to the real or quality brand mil-spec you will never have any issues.
    Stay away from buffer tubes with the little pin notch and the problem won't happen.

I did run I to an issue with my BCM tube only making it a couple of threads into the receiver. I had a spare Vltor tube that was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbose View Post
    I did run I to an issue with my BCM tube only making it a couple of threads into the receiver. I had a spare Vltor tube that was fine.
    Buffer tube threads can get dingned up at the factory from bumping into other tubes and what not, and prevent smooth insertion. Are the threads nice and sharp/clean all around?
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

I had the same problem with the same tube.

I had two tubes I tried. 1 went in with basically size on size fit. It was really tight. I ended up having the chase the thread on the CCS tube I settled on using.
    The thread seems needlessly tight.
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I installed a BCM tube no issues

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    I had the same problem with the same tube.
    Both BCM tubes I have fit no problem. Check your threads, I’ve had new tubes show up dinged like Dietz said. A couple minutes with a file and they were good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Both BCM tubes I have fit no problem. Check your threads, I’ve had new tubes show up dinged like Dietz said. A couple minutes with a file and they were good to go.
    The actual threads were oversized vs the dd and vltor tube I measured. Plus the bcm tube wasnt machines right in the inside. There was a step about 3/4" from the end that was about an 1/4" smaller inside. Could not use a jp scs in that tube. It's in the parts bin labeled NFG