Modern Sporter builds Q&A

alberta tactical rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   1
With many Modern Sporters now being in the hands of the clients we thought it might be a good idea to open a new thread dedicated to questions and answers regarding the assembly, compatibility etc of these receiver sets.

FYI I installed an NEA Ambi safety on my lower. There was way too much play in it. Seemed it was wider than the reciever. Just an FYI not a good fit. In theory it worked but I wasn’t satisfied with that kind of play on my rifle.

NOT compatible?? Hmmm seems ok in mine. And I have another one waiting for another lower.

attachment.php

One thing to note is that the Elftmann safety doesn't work with the captured ball detent system. The ball bearing binds and prevents the safety from toggling. You have to use the detent pin that comes with the safety and a full length spring. I had to file the one side of the hole in my grip a tiny bit so the spring could align and move freely. No big deal, works pretty slick now.

Did you try to put your upper on yet?

By how much does it interfere? Would it be possible to file the top back corner of the adjustment screw housing down at an angle enough to get the upper to clear?

There is .420" of space between the takedown pin and the trigger adjustment screw housing.

Wondering what the dimensions of the "hook" part that protrudes down from the upper are?

The hook part or rear lug is .480"

Will handguards with anti rotation tabs work? Example being the Midwest Industries?
I have a ssm handguard with anti rotational tab, i simply left the tab off as it does not fit on the upper. Its still extremely secure without it and functions properly.

Back
Top Bottom