Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Just a PSA -

v7 titanium dust covers and the rods don’t fit the MS receiver. The door doesn’t close properly, I’m hoping a dab of super glue will get it to close properly. The rod has the extended end on it meant for AR15’s which i didn’t realize when I bought it.

Okay great, just picked one up and it fits/works well. There is quite a bit of play with the geissele bolt catch on the receiver so the lever wiggles a bunch. Is that normal or should I switch out the bolt catch?

Okay great, just picked one up and it fits/works well. There is quite a bit of play with the geissele bolt catch on the receiver so the lever wiggles a bunch. Is that normal or should I switch out the bolt catch?
I found the maritime bolt catch as wobbly as Fac.
So I switched to the BAD.

Someone long ago was using the little c clip that comes with the dust cover as a wedge for the bolt catch. They said it took the wobble out.

Yeah i just swapped the geissele for a cmc bolt catch and it still wiggles quite a bit, on my psa lower the geissele is tight af and doesn’t wiggle at all.

How do hold the upper while appliying the torque on the barrel nut?

Reaction rod?
Bev block?
Custom made upper receiver vise block?

Any held appreciated

Thanks

Discovered another problem using the magpul ubr or a5 length buffer tube without the modification being done to the tube or lower on the first batch. If you don't use the metal spacer included with the jp Enterprise scs we were offered as a solution to the lower being thicker in the buffer thread area is the gas key kits the lower and dents it. Got a pretty good dent right were the gas key sits

Back
Top Bottom