Page 57 of 93 FirstFirst ... 374749505152535455565758596061626364656777 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Sorry for the noob question - new to AR style rifles. Looking at an 18.6” barrel with a rifle length gas system and non adjustable gas block. Wondering which buffer/spring I should be going with to properly cycle ?

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioMarksman View Post
    Sorry for the noob question - new to AR style rifles. Looking at an 18.6” barrel with a rifle length gas system and non adjustable gas block. Wondering which buffer/spring I should be going with to properly cycle ?
    A mil-spec carbine extension tube and standard weight buffer will work fine. Sticking to a reputable OEM manufacturer will ensure proper functionality.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    A mil-spec carbine extension tube and standard weight buffer will work fine. Sticking to a reputable OEM manufacturer will ensure proper functionality.
    So you’re suggesting a carbine weight, possibly h1?

A standard buffer which is lighter then an H1 to start. Having a couple of alternate buffer weights on hand is always a good idea when building for experimenting to ensure the cycling is correct. You don’t want bolt carrier group bounce from excessive bolt speed, tearing of the cartridge rim, FTF and FTE issues.

Having said that spare tungsten weights on hand is also a cheaper option then purchasing complete buffers.
    https://dlaskarms.com/product/tungst...buffer-weight/

Note: a rifle A2 length receiver extension and buffer will also match your rifle length gas system.

Last edited by Sqr; 03-13-2019 at 09:40 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA

Thank you very much for all your help.

I feel like the search function blows on this website. I searched Geissele 2-Stage SSA to see if I can get any hits. Nothing. Sooooo I will ask. Does this trigger fit without issues?

BANNED
    Yup SSA-E works like a charm

BANNED
    anyone shooting groups yet?

Quote Originally Posted by OntarioMarksman View Post
    Thank you very much for all your help.
    You are welcome.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ssapach's Avatar
    I tried my best, but the aluminium Strike Industries dust cover did not fit properly on my upper. The inner lip contacts on the upper side of the ejection port, doesn't allow it to seat properly. The ball doesn't fully engage and the cover will pop open with light bumps. I'm sure things could be modified slightly, but I'm not going there.

Some other folks might have better luck.

The plastic cover from Strike seems to fit though, without any interference issues. Just needed some ball detent adjustment in order to stay closed.