Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 405052535455565758596061626364656667687080 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcullen View Post
    I was planning on buying a Burris rt6 from them, I figured you just have to fill out the proper forms.
    The only way to get a scope from brownells is to have it imported by a third party, which is going to cost you $50.

And unless optics Planet recently changed their policy, they won’t ship a scope to Canada.

At least not to me, the couple of times I tryed.

Easy way to find out is to try and buy it,

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    The only way to get a scope from brownells is to have it imported by a third party, which is going to cost you $50.

And unless optics Planet recently changed their policy, they won’t ship a scope to Canada.

At least not to me, the couple of times I tryed.

Easy way to find out is to try and buy it,
    Oh okay, thanks for the info.
    Hitchvault.ca

CGN Regular
    I slide a BCG into the upper without the charging handle, it’s now stuck in the upper. I think it’s that little tab on the top of the BCG that got it stuck. It slides back and forth a half inch but that’s all. It’s just completely stuck. Has this happened to anyone? And how you fix this?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordmam View Post
    I slide a BCG into the upper without the charging handle, it’s now stuck in the upper. I think it’s that little tab on the top of the BCG that got it stuck. It slides back and forth a half inch but that’s all. It’s just completely stuck. Has this happened to anyone? And how you fix this?
    I have a feeling your gas tube is stuck in the BCG gas tap. I think pulling it out with force may work, or, mortar it gently onto something like a thick book might help.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    I have a feeling your gas tube is stuck in the BCG gas tap. I think pulling it out with force may work, or, mortar it gently onto something like a thick book might help.
    I think it’s the BCG bolt cam pic that is stuck holding it back. Anyway to get this out? Theirs a small cavity in the upper and it seems to be stuck in their. Can’t really see much. I’m pretty rookie sooooo.

I think it’s the BCG bolt cam pic that is stuck holding it back. Anyway to get this out? Theirs a small cavity in the upper and it seems to be stuck in their. Can’t really see much. I’m pretty rookie sooooo.
    Does your upper have a barrel on it?
    If you dropped it in, and it slid down hard enough the lugs are probably just holding onto the barrel extension and you need to use some more force.
    Don’t be afraid to give it a good thumping (mortar it)
    Last edited by koesdibyo; 03-24-2019 at 09:43 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    The cam pin gets caught on the upper, there isn't enough room machined for it. My BCG took a chunk out of my upper.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Don't think it was bad luck, no one else has posted a working building with a triggertech adaptable.

There's been a couple others that have tried with the TriggerTech adaptable and ran into the first roadblock, which was getting the rear lug on the upper past the fixed rear takedown pin. I'm just pointing out there's another roadblock past that.
    Finally got around to filing down the rear adjustment screw housing on my TriggerTech adjustable and with the KNS takedown pin it works 100% no issues getting the upper and lower to mate now. I filed down the adjustment screw housing so it was almost flush with the rest of the trigger body, and I kept the adjustment screw out (no issues there either when firing).

Took it out to the range today as well for the first time. Pleasantly surprised I didn't have any gas block issues or have to make any adjustments to it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    The cam pin gets caught on the upper, there isn't enough room machined for it. My BCG took a chunk out of my upper.
    That’s not what I wanna hear. How do I get that out? Slid in no problem... don’t slide out for nothing... I don’t wanna have to use a big hammer.

I literally have nothing on the upper, no barrel or anything, just a BCG, first thing I did when I got the upper was slide the bcg in and crap... it’s been screwed ever since.
    Last edited by Fordmam; 03-24-2019 at 11:00 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    That’s not what I wanna hear. How do I get that out? Slid in no problem... don’t slide out for nothing... I don’t wanna have to use a big hammer.
    Pull the barrel off.