Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    https://postimages.org/

It's how a standard AR is designed to retain the pin, so yes.
    Thanks!!
    I had to change it up a bit. Dont worry too much about overlapping as the sides will sheer off themselves. Just make sure you dont leave pieces inside.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 02-10-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Test

Woo hoo! Final fucaly .., lol
    Thanks Dietz

Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    Thanks!!
    I had to change it up a bit. Dont worry too much about overlapping as the sides will sheer off themselves. Just make sure you dont leave pieces inside.
    Did you get the trigger filed down so the upper fits?

Wrong person I think. Mine is a a basic single stage mil spec I paid 25 bucks for (though it is actually pretty crisp)
    As far as military rifles go, the basic AR15 milspec trigger is an excellent trigger.

Your receivers must be super tight now, since ATRS must be holding pretty small tolerances in the mating areas to begin with. Your tape is putting pressure on the pin itself, and not on the sides of the receiver/hook, correct?
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

The hockey tape trick makes it even more Canadian.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    Gee, is there that much slop compared to your AR15's?
    Well my AR has an accuwedge to remove slop, not really an option with this. Dont get me wrong its not out of control i just personally like a rock solid lock up as to not disturb my longer range prone shots.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmbrowning View Post
    Well my AR has an accuwedge to remove slop, not really an option with this. Dont get me wrong its not out of control i just personally like a rock solid lock up as to not disturb my longer range prone shots.
    I’m guessing you’re using a rest, sling, or bipod for your probe shots? The only way you’re going to find the slop in the receivers is if you’re deliberately twisting on it and looking for it.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cwpowell View Post
    I’m guessing you’re using a rest, sling, or bipod for your probe shots? The only way you’re going to find the slop in the receivers is if you’re deliberately twisting on it and looking for it.
    When you have contact on the upper and lower and there is movement, and you are focusing on a target at 500m you will notice it, dont have to "go looking for it". I already said its not a huge deal, im going to do the hockey tape trick and it should be fine.

If its loose enough to make a rattle sound, then it's too loose IMO....But that's just me. I have OCD like that. I dont own any ARs so I cant really compare it to anything.
    It's pretty impossible to not have a rattle sound because the buffer contains loose weights that are meant to be freemoving, and the bolt carrier is floating too.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:17 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."