Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ... 5666686970717273747576777879808182838486 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    In your opinion is run #2 on schedule? What is your current estimate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater View Post
    I'm also curious about the run 2 ETA
    Moving a long as fast as we can. Wrapping up forward assist uppers, and should be starting on lowers in a couple weeks here.

If you want some perspective... modern hunters and varmints were made in batches of about a hundred units. The first run of modern sporters was 223 units, which was HUGE to us... it more than doubled what we usually produced in any given run.... In contrast, the second production run has us building approximately 700 receiver sets...

To say we're swamped, is an under statement.

I've always said the first things to go when we get slammed with work is videos, CGN comms, and facebook updates. Please don't mistake fewer updates for slow downs or anything, infact it's quite the opposite.

The second production run will be shipping out over August/September/October. It's a huge run, it'll be many many many batches going out for anodizing and then shipping as they come back.
    Last edited by ATRS Shaun; 06-20-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Can someone explain everything I would need to build one of these modern sporters?

Thanks!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by imark93 View Post
    Can someone explain everything I would need to build one of these modern sporters?

Thanks!
    Look up any 'build an AR 15' parts lists.

As for tools: AR-15 armourers wrench, a reaction rod, a vise, aeroshell 64 grease a QUALITY punch set and a hammer.
    f:P

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    Look up any 'build an AR 15' parts lists.

As for tools: AR-15 armourers wrench, a reaction rod, a vise, aeroshell 64 grease a QUALITY punch set and a hammer.
    Thank you!
    Also, any parts that make it easier to build? I've read the strike ind upper poly port cover, enhanced forward take down pin, kns or B. A. D. OR V7 ok?
    Anything else?

Oh ya,
    Elftmann push button safety ok? I read minor fitting from the very first page of this cause of the ball bearing?

CGN Regular
    Is the general consensus that Geissele SD-E or SSA-E or the Timney CE are the way to go? I've seen a few posts in this thread that the TT adaptable requires modification to the trigger or the receiver in order to fit.

This is my first build, so I'd like to avoid modifications if at all possible. The standard process is daunting enough!

I’m also doing my first build and I’m on a bit of a budget and I’m wondering if a BCM LPK will work good in this I’m assuming it will but you just never know
    “I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by Unexpected View Post
    I’m also doing my first build and I’m on a bit of a budget and I’m wondering if a BCM LPK will work good in this I’m assuming it will but you just never know
    I am using the bcm lpk on one of my lowers. It’s pretty decent budget trigger I have also previously used on my wk180-c.

BANNED
    Has anyone here replaced the rear take down pin with an actual removable pin? Ive been noticing some wiggle lately. I put some electrical tape on the rear lug that interfaces with the pin and it helps a lot but im looking for somethjng more permanent

Quote Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Is the general consensus that Geissele SD-E or SSA-E or the Timney CE are the way to go? I've seen a few posts in this thread that the TT adaptable requires modification to the trigger or the receiver in order to fit.

This is my first build, so I'd like to avoid modifications if at all possible. The standard process is daunting enough!
    I'm going to use TT Adjustable trigger too, let Shaun know you plan on using it and he will mod the lower for it before it ships out to you

BANNED
    SSA-E no questions