Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 485860616263646566676869707172737475767888 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    Apparently you missed the the earlier MH threads.
    Not at all. I own an early model MH serial number under #50 and have had no functional issues at all and accuracy that I believe to be very good for a semi auto, as in .7 to .8 if I do my part. I know of another MH owner that shoots F Class with his and holds his own well against bolt guns.

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Hey ATRS, wondering if you’d address problems like this fella’s charging handle coming out of the slot ever so slightly?

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...l-Observations

I’m about to buy a FA set but wondering if this is addressed, as I might see it as hick-up, Thanks!
    I've racked my ms 1000s of times and shot nearly 1000 rounds through and have not had one single issues or dragging or anything that could be associated with the charging handle catching. Dont run a rough piece of Chinese garbage and there wont be any problems.

The original poster hadn't even shot the rifle before he wrote that observation report. The relocated charging handle hole is a non issue and causes no issues.

It doesnt matter how slowly I let the charging handle go home it does not catch on anything inside. I've tried twisting and tourqing trying to make it grab and it just wont.

The reason the hole has to be there is because the upper is shorter overall than an ar15 and the rear lug is where the hole should be normally drilled. Atrs did extensive testing prior to release and wouldnt release a product that could have functional issues.

This was all disclosed in another thread as soon as they were aware of it
    Last edited by greg olmstead; 05-04-2019 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    I've racked my ms 1000s of times and shot nearly 1000 rounds through and have not had one single issues or dragging or anything that could be associated with the charging handle catching. Dont run a rough piece of Chinese garbage and there wont be any problems.

The original poster hadn't even shot the rifle before he wrote that observation report. The relocated charging handle hole is a non issue and causes no issues.

It doesnt matter how slowly I let the charging handle go home it does not catch on anything inside. I've tried twisting and tourqing trying to make it grab and it just wont.

The reason the hole has to be there is because the upper is shorter overall than an ar15 and the rear lug is where the hole should be normally drilled. Atrs did extensive testing prior to release and wouldnt release a product that could have functional issues.

Careful there. It's a valid concern and issue. Doesn't matter who made the charging handle, it will always have a tendency to catch on a corner of the insertion pocket because the corners are not radiused to prevent this from happening. The interaction of the bolt carrier, charging handle and upper dimensional tolerances and variances plays a big role in this.

Lots of guy's CH have been snagging, you're just lucky yours doesn't.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    Lots of guy's CH have been snagging,
    Witch brand ? Hope it's not the Radian Raptor.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Witch brand ? Hope it's not the Radian Raptor.
    It depends on more than just the charging handle. Bolt carrier and upper dimensions plays as much a role in this as the CH.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

I am using a Brownells low mass BCG and a Raptor Radian and have had it catch a few times. I just make sure my stock is extended and I pull straight back and seems to be ok. It was partly to do with my stock pushing the handle upwards. But I do wish the notch in the upper was a little more to the rear as this would alleviate the concern. I just don't like how the charging handle ears can rech the notches when pulling all the way to the rear. If it becomes more of an issue and I find it catching again I'll be more vocal to ATRS, but so far it seems ok.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ssapach's Avatar
    I just gave mine a try, because I never actually noticed the charging handle catching during regular use. I have to actually try to wiggle or twist it to make it catch, so it doesn't seem to be a problem for my regular type of use.

fwiw, Colt BCG and charging handle.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post

Oh yes I know your type of firearms owner, you’re the kind who likes Keltec SU16 as long as yours doesn’t have a cracked rear receiver yet, or a CZ858 that hasn’t had a gremlin so far, or maybe an SLR that requires more custom work, to work.

See, the rest of us thinks that firearms should be flawless to the extent that unless it’s breakage due to high round count, things should be designed thoughtfully and work flawlessly. None of us are coming from the angle of dissing the product. I assure you everyone wants this to be the 1 answer to the AR15 restriction, but it first has to work and not get hung up by out derailed charging handles.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Oh yes I know your type of firearms owner, you’re the kind who likes Keltec SU16 as long as yours doesn’t have a cracked rear receiver yet, or a CZ858 that hasn’t had a gremlin so far, or maybe an SLR that requires more custom work, to work.

See, the rest of us thinks that firearms should be flawless to the extent that unless it’s breakage due to high round count, things should be designed thoughtfully and work flawlessly. None of us are coming from the angle of dissing the product. I assure you everyone wants this to be the 1 answer to the AR15 restriction, but it first has to work and not get hung up by out derailed charging handles.
    Except you couldn't be more wrong. I'd never own a piece of crap like a su16. I've never touched an 858 and I wouldnt touch an slr.

If YOU are having problems with YOUR Ms maybe it something that YOU are doing wrong. Every think of that there bud? I haven't had a single problem with mine. I dont know what you are doing to yours or what kind of cheap Chinese garbage you put in it. But dont assume I'm some clown that doesnt know anything about guns. Just makes you look like an ignorant fool. You probably dont even have a modern sporter and are just stirring the pot. You asked a question about someone's OBSERVATION. and I gave you a real first hand experience with what I have experienced with my rifle.

BANNED
    CZ858 that hasn’t had a gremlin .
    The only people that complain about this issue must not know how to use google.