Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 364648495051525354555657585960616263646676 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by xeelee View Post
    Just a simple question. I've assembled many AR's but have never come across the little threaded cap and ball bearing stapled to the FRT that came with my reciever set...any idea what its for? (I've gone through a few pages of this forum but haven't found an answer) Thanks in advance for any help!
    DSC_0680 by , on Flickr
    It’s the new safety detent. You may be able to use the hole in your grip but they missed by a tiny bit and some grips won’t work sot they came up with a briliant solution. Just cut the safety detent spring down, use the ball bearing not the regular detent then you can adjust the tension on you safety.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    It’s the new safety detent. You may be able to use the hole in your grip but they missed by a tiny bit and some grips won’t work sot they came up with a briliant solution. Just cut the safety detent spring down, use the ball bearing not the regular detent then you can adjust the tension on you safety.
    Precisely!! Cut the safety spring down to .250"
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    Pretty sure ATRS said they were doing all the uppers ss and fa for the second batch with the first then they’ll do the second batch of lowers.
    Yes. To save a ton of time in changing the tooling, set up, programs and fixtures we made more SS uppers that what we had orders for. This is no longer the case. We are making enough F/A uppers to cover all of the lowers for production run #1 and #2. We will be cutting off production #2 of lowers in the not too distant future and placing orders into production run #3.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN frequent flyer
    Is the ordering closed for production run #2?
    f:P

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    Is the ordering closed for production run #2?
    Not yet but getting close for lowers. SS uppers will take some time as we need to produce more after we run the lowers, so fastest will be F/A upper and lower.

What barrel do you have, link?
    I'm looking for 18.6 medium profile, 1in8 or 1in7, not fluted if possible, with a mid length gas system. And what length hand guard would you run, I was leaning towards 15in but want access to adjustable gb.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leakproofpuma7 View Post
    I'm looking for 18.6 medium profile, 1in8 or 1in7, not fluted if possible, with a mid length gas system. And what length hand guard would you run, I was leaning towards 15in but want access to adjustable gb.
    13 1/2 or 14 should just barely cover the GB

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Not yet but getting close for lowers. SS uppers will take some time as we need to produce more after we run the lowers, so fastest will be F/A upper and lower.
    When should we expect completion of run #2 sets? sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    When should we expect completion of run #2 sets? sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.
    Depending on where you are in the line, late August to late September.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leakproofpuma7 View Post
    With mid-length gas system I'd use a 12" handguard to cover the gas block, but still allow access to the block, assuming it accesses from the front, like most do, but you didn't specify a model. In our custom barrels, we can make it any profile you'd like, to whatever length you'd like, and we'll bring in a blank for whatever twist rate you'd like. We have 1 in 7 Rock Creek blanks on hand currently. We regularly work with blanks from Lilja, Jury, and a lengthy list of others.

I'd suggest sending us an email and we can go over pricing and options. info@albertatacticalrifle.com