Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ... 394951525354555657585960616263646566676979 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Depending on where you are in the line, late August to late September.
    ETA the same for just a lower vs a complete set?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I got mine to work (kinda).
    But it’s still to tight and didn’t discharge right.
    The only way it can work is if you remove material from the bottom of the hook on the upper.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 09outlander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    I got mine to work (kinda).
    But it’s still to tight and didn’t discharge right.
    The only way it can work is if you remove material from the bottom of the hook on the upper.
    $&%^, wasn't planning on buying a new trigger. Would be nice if that rear pin was removable.
    Come for the guns, stay for the tinfoil
    Member: CSSA

Dunnville Hunters and Anglers, we are accepting new members
    www.dunnvillehuntersandanglers.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 09outlander View Post
    $&%^, wasn't planning on buying a new trigger. Would be nice if that rear pin was removable.
    It is, but it still won’t solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 09outlander View Post
    It's the High Speed National Match I'm having issues with.

That doesn’t fit...as you have also found out.
    CCFR — CSSA

So I’m sure it’s been covered in one of the 5 plus threads I’ve been trying to keep up on. Search functions haven’t yielded exact results. Anyway to my question.

I’ve noticed a few of you fine enthusiasts on here have been using Brownells Lightweight BCG and some using Strike Industries enhanced ultimate ejection port cover(plastic). Has anyone had issues with this BCG not properly opening this port cover or other brands of covers?

I’m planning to order the BCG today so wanted to see if any negative results with it here so far.

Also I’m on the second production run with a FA upper and I know they’re changing the port hole size to help with some issues on the SS uppers(smaller port size/standard size).

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteannerdy View Post
    So I’m sure it’s been covered in one of the 5 plus threads I’ve been trying to keep up on. Search functions haven’t yielded exact results. Anyway to my question.

I’ve noticed a few of you fine enthusiasts on here have been using Brownells Lightweight BCG and some using Strike Industries enhanced ultimate ejection port cover(plastic). Has anyone had issues with this BCG not properly opening this port cover or other brands of covers?

I’m planning to order the BCG today so wanted to see if any negative results with it here so far.

Also I’m on the second production run with a FA upper and I know they’re changing the port hole size to help with some issues on the SS uppers(smaller port size/standard size).
    If you have a light weight BCG and SS upper it dose not open the ejection port, weather or not this will be an issue on the FA uppers is yet to be determined. Some guys have added material to the ridge on the ejection port to get it to work. However I have found with my rifle if my ejection port is closed and I put a loaded magazine in, it almost always opens the ejection port when I cycled the BCG. Furthermore if I close my ejection port with my rifle loaded and fire it opens the ejection port and cycles properly 100% of the time. Part of what may help this is the fact the ejection port is also used to vent off the hot gas used to cycle the action. If you look at your bolt carrier you will notice the 2 holes on ejection port side, those are vents and direct the same pressurized gas that cycled the BCG at the ejection port opening pushing the door open

CGN Regular
    The strike industry cover seems to be the issue. Others I've tried seem to work fine

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteannerdy View Post

I am curious as to exactly what issues you speak of? The larger ejection port allows for the use of any cartridge to eject properly, specifically the big bores.
    This same port size and geometry is used by quite a few makers and apart from a few internet warriors concerns, in the real world the larger opening is NOT a problem in any way that effects the operation of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    Dont think so.
    You can buy most things aside from optics at Opticsplanet

h ttps://www.opticsplanet.com/export.html
    I was planning on buying a Burris rt6 from them, I figured you just have to fill out the proper forms.
    Hitchvault.ca