CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333435363738

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Saw the upper and almost bought it . Was exact price as new if you include tax and shipping . No gouging

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Taking that pin out is a Beaach!
    The small screw is locktited in.
    You have to grip on the needle nose with the grip of Thor

After removing the pin , I got the U:L together, but it wasnít easy.
    You have to tip the upper on a coward angle to the lower( kinda like putting them together backwards.
    The front will not pivot, once the back pin is out.
    So now for the weird stuff.
    Riding the CH will allow the trigger to work.
    Slamming the CH will not engage the trigger.

Trigger works with a mag when you release the bolt via the bolt release, but not when you release it manually.. (dummy rnds)

Then itís opposite on an empty mag.
    Also the maritime bolt catch is very stiff.

I think the trigger is causing all these issues and is a no go.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you have issues with the TriggerTech adjustable beyond just the spacing issue between the upper rear lug and the trigger housing to get the upper onto the lower?

Even if you were to use the KNS takedown pin, do you think the TT adjustable would work?

Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you have issues with the TriggerTech adjustable beyond just the spacing issue between the upper rear lug and the trigger housing to get the upper onto the lower?

Even if you were to use the KNS takedown pin, do you think the TT adjustable would work?
    Mo man, I was having trouble with a Geiselle HSNM.
    Member: CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Mo man, I was having trouble with a Geiselle HSNM.
    Ah ooookay. Sorry I mustn't have been following along too well.

So I have hope. I think I'm going to try the KNS takedown pin, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in Canada at the moment.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet DILLIGAF's Avatar
    Got mine from Brownells, Its on the way right meow :-)
    Check your ego, get some training, and Suck Less.
    May the bridges we burn light our way to Valhalla.
    The only thing that's gonna stop evil is good men that are skilled at violence.

CCFR / NRA / GOA Member

The Maple Ridge handguards look a little lighter than the ATRS receivers in the sunlight.

Pathological altruism is a form of entropy.

Liberal: one who acts through emotion and without benefit of intellect.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Ah ooookay. Sorry I mustn't have been following along too well.

So I have hope. I think I'm going to try the KNS takedown pin, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in Canada at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Got mine from Brownells, Its on the way right meow :-)

We've developed a modification to the receivers which allows for the use of standard rear takedown pins also. If it's something you'd be interested in, email the shop : info@albertatacticalrifle.com to inquire.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    We've developed a modification to the receivers which allows for the use of standard rear takedown pins also. If it's something you'd be interested in, email the shop : info@albertatacticalrifle.com to inquire.
    So you have a mod that allows use of a standard rear takdown pin in place of the rear cross bar? I am a little perplexed what the benefit is givens that the design requires the upper to move forwards so that the BCG can clear the lower's buffer threads.

Does having a sliding rear takedown pin really give you that extra little bit of wiggle room to clear ithe upper's rear lug from the trigger pack guys are having trouble with? If so that is a great way to overcome a little pesky quark like that!

Must say, I am far to tempted to spend money I dont have with all these recievers sitting around. I am very tempted to sell my uppers so that I once again can stop watching the ee for parts I cant afford. Lol!

For now though I will keep sitting on them and slowly accumulate parts and donar rifles as they come up. The pre-built MS I picked up off the ee isn't even really a light weight build but it is my lightest NR 556 semi by a full pound. Cant weight (see what I did there) to tackle a light weight build when I have a wheelbarrow full of money to light on fire just to see just how light a NR 556 semi can be made. Haha
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    Best way to stop firearms from being "easily convertible to full-auto"?
    Require lab techs to wear velcro shoes and joggers.

CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    I’m ordering the KNS takedown pin. Two questions - just the takedown pin, not the pivot pin, correct? Do I request this mod or am I good to go with the KNS? I’m in the second order, just putting parts together.
    Thanks!
    CSSA & CCFR & NFA member