Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by soforcy View Post
    They works fine.
    Good to know, I have 6 already. That would have sucked, thanks kindly.
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    My 50 beo E-Lander works fine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apex survival View Post
    I was going to go with the BAD billet one, but then found War Sport Industries bolt catch. Its melonited stainless and cost just over 40 bucks. Send a PM if you want to know where I got it, non forum sponser I believe.
    I think I know where you got it.
    Anyway, I already ordered the BAD one , but now I see that there’s two offered.
    And I ordered the cast one.Should be good , I guess.

So back to the modification of the cmmg kit to fit the sporter. I took some pics to get ideas. My upper is still in Canada post land. But looks like the lower main support bar if shortened a little bit will work as there’s lots of room when the bcg moves backward to re chamber a new round.
    https://i.postimg.cc/wM4X1ZwT/4-F6-B...50-BAC5191.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/RVq1kC03/6-BB89...-FDFE62243.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/ZYwFsvJt/A25-AF...3-D16-B6-C.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/PJ5brTzR/A5-FEE...-C5-D3-E20.jpg
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Looks like you could shorten and re weld the lower main support....Depends on if the spring will coil bind on open bolt......looks like you might have to shorten the spring... and spring guide and tube as much as the support bar.....

"I dunno, .22's are kinda cool....."

Either that or cut off the tab and on the back and tack on peice of angle to move where it’s attaches to spring forward . Having just the circle in back should let it go into buffer tube .

Quote Originally Posted by blupul View Post
    Either that or cut off the tab and on the back and tack on peice of angle to move where it’s attaches to spring forward . Having just the circle in back should let it go into buffer tube .
    Yeh doing that the bolt will not open fully so the spring and tube that captures the spring that attache's to the bolt would have to be shorted too.... looking at photos. Its hard to tell when its not in your hands.

Looking at it now i see what you mean . Either way it’s done the spring and guid rod will need to be shortened. I’m glad this thread exists. Looks like the 2a kit will be the one I choose . Then into the chop saw and hack .175 off the back. Anyone know where to get the 2a kit already tried the google

CGN frequent flyer
    Looking at it now i see what you mean . Either way it’s done the spring and guid rod will need to be shortened. I’m glad this thread exists. Looks like the 2a kit will be the one I choose . Then into the chop saw and hack .175 off the back. Anyone know where to get the 2a kit already tried the google
    Can’t find it in Canada, a US importer has them. ATRS might be able to bring them in. I am just not sure if it’s compatible with dedicated 22LR Barrel, chamber end doesn’t look like mine. Should be able to sub it out with a 22LR/223 conversion kit though.

I’m thinking the same. If I can get one then sell my cmmg. I was planning on shooting 22lr mainly from
    My sporter and hunt with it. I even have a 1-12 barrel going on it.
    "Victory favours the prepared"