CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Upgraded Pivot Pin for WK180C

  1. #21
    Member Baitcaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    80
    What we could really use is an upgraded charging handle system.

  2. #22
    Newbie tiggrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1
    being one that was asking i better take 2

  3. #23
    Member optimuskikz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    64
    2 sets here too

  4. #24
    Big Mouth Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Thornbury, Ontario
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    What we could really use is an upgraded charging handle system.
    Absolutely. The stock handle is loose and I have zero confidence in the magnet even when it's properly staked. I realize this may require a new bolt carrier but so be it. It's a really weak point in the design.

  5. #25
    CGN Regular hmr-hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ottawa Valley Ontario
    Posts
    295
    i'd buy one
    Mossberg 183D .410: IGA s/s 20g: Sinsinati s/s 14" 12ga; Mossberg 500 12ga
    Remington 597 22lr: Cooey 600 22lr: Savage MK II 22lr; Savage 93GV 17hmr
    WK180-C 5.56: Stevens 200 22-250: Savage 111 .270

  6. #26
    Member apage2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    51
    I'm so down. I commented about this early on.
    Give me liberty or give me death

  7. #27
    CGN Regular hmr-hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ottawa Valley Ontario
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Absolutely. The stock handle is loose and I have zero confidence in the magnet even when it's properly staked. I realize this may require a new bolt carrier but so be it. It's a really weak point in the design.
    Mine is very loose as well. Something flat and curved forward, with some checkering or serrations would be nice.
    Mossberg 183D .410: IGA s/s 20g: Sinsinati s/s 14" 12ga; Mossberg 500 12ga
    Remington 597 22lr: Cooey 600 22lr: Savage MK II 22lr; Savage 93GV 17hmr
    WK180-C 5.56: Stevens 200 22-250: Savage 111 .270

  8. #28
    Member Martim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Collingwood
    Posts
    74

    I got a idea uh oh!!

    Here's an idea how about a complete parts upgrade kit for the WK180C

    - slide release
    - safety
    - hingepin
    - mid length op rod
    - acr adapter
    - bolt handle (I know your going make one)
    - right side dust cover/deflector like the one that's been sold on here but slightly different.

  9. #29
    CGN Regular lmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I highly doubt these replacement pins will be oversized. You did a good job within your own question answering as to why that would be.
    I built oversized pins and was able to take some slop out. Couldnt take it all out.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

  10. #30
    Big Mouth Paul_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    B.C. Interior
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Martim View Post
    Here's an idea how about a complete parts upgrade kit for the WK180C

    - slide release
    - safety
    - hingepin
    - mid length op rod
    - acr adapter
    - bolt handle (I know your going make one)
    - right side dust cover/deflector like the one that's been sold on here but slightly different.
    bolt

    The metallurgy is poor from what I can tell. I see an ovalling of the firing pin hole already.
    Last edited by Paul_T; 02-12-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"
    Member: CPC, CCFR, CSSA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •