Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered myself a Polish Tokarev (TT-33) anybody else? $250.00.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Parts that have broken for me are firing pins and disconnects.

The design of the TT-33, with its positive firing pin, puts shear force on the FP as the gun unlocks - the "pin wipe" you see across the primers that can run right into the side of the primer pocket.

Buying used parts taken from unserviceable pistols to replace high stress parts isn't a game I will play any longer.

I sold my Tokarevs and won't look back
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I just got 3 Chinese ones and they are very good. John
    Last edited by john yin; 07-20-2021 at 12:55 AM. Reason: removal

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Parts that have broken for me are firing pins and disconnects.

The design of the TT-33, with its positive firing pin, puts shear force on the FP as the gun unlocks - the "pin wipe" you see across the primers that can run right into the side of the primer pocket.

Buying used parts taken from unserviceable pistols to replace high stress parts isn't a game I will play any longer.

I sold my Tokarevs and won't look back
    Thanks for letting me know the risks of playing the Milsurp lottery, especially with the Tok.

I received mine today, and at this point, I'm happy with what I got. Serial on the Frame/slide & barrell all match. Trigger group also seems to match, if I consider that the "last three" number on the serial number is the three figures on the trigger group.
    I got the regular Tok plastic grip, without the communist star.
    Circle 11, manufactured in 1954. There is a little bit of surface rust, but its minimal, especially after a good clean. The marking on the sticker located on the pistol grip was showing "PU KARLOVACKA"...which is weird, as I get entries for Karlovacka as a city in Croatia, not in Poland. PU could be police Unit.....Karlovacka is also a beer brand overseas...I got that much...besides that..not sure..
    Last edited by delavan; 02-20-2019 at 12:37 AM.

I'm on the fence about picking one of these up. Am I mistaken, or was ammo at one time really cheap for these? I've been looking around online I don't see any really good deals on the bullets anymore. Does anybody have a good source?
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    I'm on the fence about picking one of these up. Am I mistaken, or was ammo at one time really cheap for these? I've been looking around online I don't see any really good deals on the bullets anymore. Does anybody have a good source?
    I bought a bunch of norinco from tenda a year ago. It was cheap enough. Similar to 9mm from what I recall.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    For ammo pricing and availability, I know that some info we get on Milsurps comes from the US and they may have different import situations.

My LGS has the 70 rounds cardboard boxes of Russian surplus for $15.99/box.
    I bought a single box of PPU 7.62 x 25mm, as its a source of consistent/representative ammo of this day and age. 1722 fps and 560ft/pound of force. By comparison, I shoot CCI Blazer 9mm in my CZ 75B ,and that ammo is rated at 1090 fps and 327 ft/pound of force. Apparently, the old Russian surplus 7.62x25mm is suffering of load inconsistencies (or maybe its a huge understatement and ALL surplus ammo is inconsistent).

SFRC is listing the 7.62x25mm spam can of Russian Milsurp for $319.95 for 1260 rounds or $599.00 for 2520 rounds.

My TT had yugoslavian name on the sticker. I was expecting polish name. Manufactured in 51.

I've been thinking of the Chinese model for $200 for a long time
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer johNTO's Avatar
    I would have bought one (many years ago) in 7.62x25 but IIRC many ranges did not allow the round. I can't remember 100% why and wonder if their reasons still apply.
    joi gin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    These are the refurb/issued polish tt correct?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".