Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered myself a Polish Tokarev (TT-33) anybody else? $250.00.

Just found surplus Russian 7.62X25 at Tenda - $114.99 for 490. It is corrosive but never had an issue with corrosive used in a gun this easy to field strip and clean. Anyone have any issues using this type in a TT?? I've heard some is too hot for pistols. This the Russian copper washed/steel cased. White box Russian military marked.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kriko View Post
    Just found surplus Russian 7.62X25 at Tenda - $114.99 for 490. It is corrosive but never had an issue with corrosive used in a gun this easy to field strip and clean. Anyone have any issues using this type in a TT?? I've heard some is too hot for pistols. This the Russian copper washed/steel cased. White box Russian military marked.
    Too hot for pistols???? It's made for pistols. Blast away.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Too hot for pistols???? It's made for pistols. Blast away.
    The rumour is that there was also PPSH mg ammo. Too hot for the TT pistol.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free" A.E.Van Vogt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by machman View Post
    The rumour is that there was also PPSH mg ammo. Too hot for the TT pistol.
    I don't know what rumour you heard, but the CIP pressure of 7.62x25 is 36k psi. The tt33 can handle that pressure just fine. The complete name of the ammunition is actually "7.62x25 tokarev". If an ammunition has the same dimension as the 7.62x25 but a higher pressure, then it isn't technically a 7.62x25, and there is no reason it should be called that, or used in any firearm barreled as 7.62x25.

That being said, people all over the country have shot thousands of crates of russian surplus through tt33 with no more incident than any other calibre, so definitely blast away.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yea, an old wives tale someone came up with, it is a powerful round and the TT is built for it, awesome round, awesome gun!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    Any places selling the Polish TT33?
    CCFR CSSA CPC

It's actually some of the slower ammo out there. 1450fps typically. Czech aym 53 is the hottest surplus I have encountered at 1600fps.

Not long ago they had for $99.99/490

There is a guy selling a case of 2280 for $450, so far the best deal I've seen... lol
    PM for details.

What about the m57 yugo tt ? Any good? compared to the russian and chinese? Anyone get one of the ones from tec ?