Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very silly question. Please don’t judge me

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Been shooting for 20 years-still think this {possibility} every time, even though I KNOW it ain't happening lol~Cheerz

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    I hoard 22lr just so I can Scrooge McDuck in it everyday when I get home from work. Haven’t blown up yet.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

I don't think it will be a problem but I find keeping stuff like 22 rounds in the boxes they came in means I know how much ammo I an taking with me and a rough idea of what I have shot over the day. Same goes for 7.62 till I transfer it to clips for near future range use. Don't worry too much just shoot lol!

Quote Originally Posted by GivenRight View Post
    Thanks. Didn’t want a Darwin Award.
    Nearly impossible to earn one of those with loose ammo. Loose rounds simply detonate when ignited, and throw small shards of brass very short distances. Without something to contain the pressure of burning powder, they are virtually harmless. I doubt even a 50 BMG. detontating next to your head would be enopugh to cause lethal injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    If so, then how do you explain dry tumbling live ammo with no ill affect?
    Uh... what? Is that a thing? I've heard thats a bad idea because the powder can abrade and result in much faster burn rates. Guess it depends how long it's being tumbled for. I would avoid tumbling live ammo.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastattack View Post

Uh... what? Is that a thing? I've heard thats a bad idea because the powder can abrade and result in much faster burn rates. Guess it depends how long it's being tumbled for. I would avoid tumbling live ammo.
    Just an old wife's tale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12