Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRunGuns now offers Temporary Import from Canada to the USA for Custom Work

Quote Originally Posted by takeyerswing View Post
    100% untrue.

Starting to think you guys make this up as you go along to make a buck. Wouldn't be surprised if you vote Liberal either!
    hows that crow tasting lol

In response to our query from the ATF.

The Gun Control Act (GCA), title 18, U.S.C. §921(a)(16), defines “antique firearm” as:

(A) any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; or
    (B) any replica of any firearm described in subparagraph (A) if such replica—(i) is not designed or redesigned for using rim fire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or (ii) uses rim fire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade; or
    (C) any muzzle loading rifle, muzzle loading shotgun, or muzzle loading pistol, which is designed to use black powder, or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition….

The GCA specifically exempts “antique firearms” from the definition of “firearm” and, therefore, the importation of antique firearms is not regulated by the GCA. Pursuant to Title 27, C.F.R. § 478.115(c), antique firearms may be imported into the United States without the ATF Form 6 permit application or any other documentation from this office. However, the importer of the antique firearm(s) must provide U.S. Customs officials with a Certificate of Authenticity or other satisfactory documentation signed by the foreign seller/source if the antique firearm’s year of manufacture is not visibly marked on the firearm. See the enclosed ATF I 5330.16 for further details.

I hope this helps... If we can provide the required documentation permanent importation on Antique firearms will not require the importers markings to be engraved on the firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by powderman View Post
    The Director at the Imports Branch does not disagree with me, I just asked a question. He disagrees with the answer I got from one of his employees. It will be interesting to hear what the top of the totem pole has to say.

Regards

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Super GunNutz
    Thank you for looking into this and posting.

Regards,
    Powderman

Can this be used to send guns for warranty work? I don't see why not but a clear yes or no would be great.

Yes, we now have that ability. Should you not be able to get the work done in Canada, we will make it happen south of the border.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Can this be used to send guns for warranty work? I don't see why not but a clear yes or no would be great.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

My concern is more the reputation for sucking that a lot of Canadian warranty centers have. For instance I have a Ruger revolver that is likely going to need work but rather than deal with Snapshots I would like to send it directly to Ruger in the US.

If the firearm is purchased from us we will ship it directly back to the Manufacturer for warranty work, in this case you can use this service and your firearm will go to Ruger in Prescott which is about 3 1/2 hours away from us. If you are having issues, the Manufacturer is always the best place to send it. If it can't be easily fixed they will replace it. Should that happen we will also look after the transfers and export to get it back in your hands.

Have a great weekend.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    My concern is more the reputation for sucking that a lot of Canadian warranty centers have. For instance I have a Ruger revolver that is likely going to need work but rather than deal with Snapshots I would like to send it directly to Ruger in the US.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Class 3 is NFA are you referring to re-barreling prohibited firearms that are currently in Canada that will require temp export to the US? If so, yes we can do that as well.
    (tried to ask this of Amber, but my email must have gone into the abyss)

What would be the process for this? Original owner or his estate get an ATT and send you the 12.6 firearm, you export and forward to the gunsmith, gunsmith does the work and sends it back to you, you change the registration to restricted and register to the new owner and send to him?

I'm guessing there is not going to be any requirement that the original barrel is destroyed - can be stored in the US in case the laws ever change for the better? (Ha! I know!)

Anything I'm missing?

Awesome this is great news!
    So lets say I wanted to send my benelli m4 to Taran tactical for work this is now possible?

How much would it cost to permanently move a firearm from Canada to States one way.

For example, if the Liberal government really deploy a AR ban and do mass confiscation , I would just give my AR to my friend down the south.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast