Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRunGuns now offers Temporary Import from Canada to the USA for Custom Work

Yes, that is correct. If you are permanently importing the firearm into the US we are required to engrave the importers makings. A good example is Glock. Every Glock that is imported into the US from Austria has Glock importers markings on the receiver. We use the latest laser technology to ensure it looks amazing when you receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundoggy View Post
    Out of curiosity, if a US made firearm is exported to Canada, and later the owner imports the firearm to the USA when they relocate to live in the USA, will the US made firearm require an importation stamp??

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gundoggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Yes, that is correct. If you are permanently importing the firearm into the US we are required to engrave the importers makings. A good example is Glock. Every Glock that is imported into the US from Austria has Glock importers markings on the receiver. We use the latest laser technology to ensure it looks amazing when you receive it.
    My question specifically is about a custom gun that's built by an American gunsmith using a base gun that was manufactured in USA (Colt 1911) and purchased from the USA. The gun will be exported from USA to Canada (by IRG of course) in 2019 as I am the Canadian purchaser. If in the future I decide to move to the USA and take this gun with me, will this gun, which is manufactured in the USA (not Austria like Glock), and customized in the USA by an American gunsmith require stampings that may significantly decrease the value of the pistol?? Or are their provisions for such markings to be more inconspicuous, example on grip frame underneath wooden grip or perhaps laser engraved on bottom of mainspring housing, or perhaps bottom of dust cover due to the unusual value of the pistol??? Basically, does a USA manufactured gun that goes to Canada and then back require import markings???
    Last edited by Gundoggy; 02-12-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundoggy View Post
    My question specifically is about a custom gun that's built by an American gunsmith using a base gun that was manufactured in USA (Colt 1911) and purchased from the USA. The gun will be exported from USA to Canada (by IRG of course) in 2019 as I am the Canadian purchaser. If in the future I decide to move to the USA and take this gun with me, will this gun, which is manufactured in the USA (not Austria like Glock), and customized in the USA by an American gunsmith require stampings that may significantly decrease the value of the pistol?? Or are their provisions for such markings to be more inconspicuous, example on grip frame underneath wooden grip or perhaps laser engraved on bottom of mainspring housing, or perhaps bottom of dust cover due to the unusual value of the pistol??? Basically, does a USA manufactured gun that goes to Canada and then back require import markings???
    Yes, the custom pistol you describe will require import markings. Not all importers engrave the same way, some are much less conspicuous than others.

Super GunNutz
    Do Antique Firearms permanently imported into the US from Canada require import markings? Thank you.

Firearms permanently imported into the US are required to be engraved with the importers markings. This will not be the case for custom work.
    Thank you, i think i can take advantage of this offer for export/import for custom work. Have a Hi Power that is begging for a Novak's workover.

Cheers!
    Yep, it's like that.....

Yes, unfortunately they do.

Quote Originally Posted by powderman View Post
    Do Antique Firearms permanently imported into the US from Canada require import markings? Thank you.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Super GunNutz
    Thank you for your response.

Yes, unfortunately they do.
    I submitted an email to the BAFTE in the US where I asked the following question: "I would like to permanently import some antique firearms to the US. These antiquefirearms were originally manufactured in the US prior to 1899. Would these firearms be subject to import marking regulations?"

I received a reply from <Imports@usdoj.gov>: "Hi, under the Gun Control Act, antiques are defined, in part, as being manufactured
    in or before 1898. If the gun is an antique, there are no import regulations applicable, thank you."

Now I am confused. Perhaps the regulations are different fora business as opposed to an individual. Could you point me to the regulations that require IRUNGUNS to permanently mark antique firearms imported from Canada to the US?

Well I'm not too sure what to say, the Director at the Imports branch of the ATF disagrees with you and they regulate all firearm imports into the U.S. Please forward that email to admin@irunguns.us and we will ask for a written ruling for you and then we will both have it in writing.

Have a great weekend!!!

The US IRUNGUNS Team

Thank you for your response.

I submitted an email to the BAFTE in the US where I asked the following question: "I would like to permanently import some antique firearms to the US. These antiquefirearms were originally manufactured in the US prior to 1899. Would these firearms be subject to import marking regulations?"

I received a reply from <Imports@usdoj.gov>: "Hi, under the Gun Control Act, antiques are defined, in part, as being manufactured
    in or before 1898. If the gun is an antique, there are no import regulations applicable, thank you."

Now I am confused. Perhaps the regulations are different fora business as opposed to an individual. Could you point me to the regulations that require IRUNGUNS to permanently mark antique firearms imported from Canada to the US?

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Super GunNutz
    The Director at the Imports Branch does not disagree with me, I just asked a question. He disagrees with the answer I got from one of his employees. It will be interesting to hear what the top of the totem pole has to say.

Regards

The Director at the Imports Branch does not disagree with me, I just asked a question. He disagrees with the answer I got from one of his employees. It will be interesting to hear what the top of the totem pole has to say.

Regards
    I was also under the impression that 1898 made guns and earlier were exempt from requiring importers markings.. also can't you get specific exemptions for rare and valuable guns (not sure how the US law defines what makes a gun rare or valuable) or how that would work.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast