CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tried to buy firearm from IRunGuns and my TD credit card got flagged as "compromised"

CGN Regular

Question Tried to buy firearm from IRunGuns and my TD credit card got flagged as "compromised"

Hello, the past 2 days I've been trying to purchase from IRunGuns.com and in the first try I got an error message "CPN: Denied"

I called TD Bank and they told me my credit card had been flagged as "compromised". They were able to open the lock on the credit card to make the purchase.
    After they told me that they had no other choice than to terminate the credit card and send me a new credit card with a new number.

This is my first time purchasing from this company, will they terminate my credit card every time I purchase from IRunGuns now?

I understand that they might block some odd payment and after you call and confirm it's you, they let it go through. But to be forced to get a brand new credit card number is absurd since I had already told them it was a legit purchase and the card was not compromised.

Has anyone had this issue before?
    Last edited by adrenaline681; 06-13-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Probably unrelated to IRG, call your CC company.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaclocker View Post
    Probably unrelated to IRG, call your CC company.
    They told me they didnt know the reason but when they removed the block and I tried to purchase again he told me the card had been blocked automatically as i made the new try and thats why he thought its possible thaI IRG was the reason.
    He tried something different the third time and it went through that time.

CGN Regular
    There is likely other factors they aren't telling you about and the IRG transaction was just the nail in the coffin. Having dealt with TD loss prevention twice, for credit card fraud (2009) and an account takeover attempt (this year) I can tell you for a fact they won't admit anything. And you can't change their mind about anything. Just go with the flow.

Also, demand that they courier the new card to the branch and don't let them mail it to your home address. Having your debit/credit card sent directly to your home address is asking for trouble these days. Always pick it up in a branch.

If you received a CPN error from our website then it means your credit card had already been compromised before you tried to make a purchase from our website.

It's a security measure your credit card company has, it isn't something from our website.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    If you received a CPN error from our website then it means your credit card had already been compromised before you tried to make a purchase from our website.

It's a security measure your credit card company has, it isn't something from our website.
    Okay thanks for the info!

Greetings,
    This very thing has happened to me purchasing online with TD Visa card. It happened twice now. I no longer use my Visa card for online purchases.
    Regards

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post

Been in banking 20 yrs. This is 100% accurate.

Some transaction prior to this is what set it off. There are thousands of reasons that your card would get flagged.

The bank wont ever tell you why. There are 3 reasons for this 1) The rep doesn't know 2) Liability issues in case you go to the gas station and cause a scene 3) you can compromise in investigation.
    I've had 1 night benders that cost more than an SKS

Had this happen twice - a gas station and an ATM that was compromised. Didn't know until I went to use my card the next time and it didn't work.

Upside: TD is a great bank for this. We had our account cleaned out and we got all our money back.
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PWear 57 View Post
    Greetings,
    This very thing has happened to me purchasing online with TD Visa card. It happened twice now. I no longer use my Visa card for online purchases.
    Regards
    Visa/MasterCard is the best for online purchases. If you get compromised you will get your money back. (yes it's a hassle, but you will eventually get it back 99% of the time)

The other methods don't have as good charge back policies.
    I've had 1 night benders that cost more than an SKS

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast