Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a Bolt-action 7.62x25 SBR?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:39 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    So you're saying that (in the future) a PCC variant of the MS would be more feasible....
    It would be more feasible, but many of the same points apply from my other post.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Anything with a drum / long mag would sell in a heartbeat.

Can a man dream about an sbr with blood and drum
    SINGLE ISSUE VOTER. Vote CPC or gun bans I'd rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6.
    A guide to filing an ATIP:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-ATIP-Federal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:40 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Why not just get a cheap savage open the bolt a bit. Slap on a 7.62x25 barrel and be on your merry way.

Why don't we all ask Ruger to make one ? It seem that they are pretty much have all the tooling, get one of the Ruger American, slap the barrel, same stock and different magwell. It would also sold in the state side too.

If a few thousand of us send an e-mail to them, they might interesting to do so.

See the amount of Ruger PC were sold in Canada, I'm sure they would want that kind of share as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I guess that many of us want something using the 7.62x25 because it is so inexpensive right now.
    But providing a special rifle for people who want something inexpensive isn't going to be profitable.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    How about starting with a Savage 340 in .222? Open bolt face slightly. Rebarrel using barrel nut system. Magazine adapter for TT magazines.
    My thoughts exactly. I've acquired all the parts; now need to find the lathe time.

Another line of thought: build a toggle or slide action using AR components. A purpose built upper/lower, or one cut and shortened, ought to be non restricted. Either of the Troy products could be modified with a barrel swap and a magwell adapter.

If I'm not mistaken, a 9mm bolt will fit the tok. I cant remember now though if we measured it at the time...

*EDIT* The case diameters at the rim are .002" different. Sounds like perfect russian fit, comrade. I'm pretty sure it could work.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 02-12-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Couldn't the new Ruger 9mm carbine be built in 7.62x25? Power would be a little less than a 30 M1 carbine.