Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a Bolt-action 7.62x25 SBR?

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    Because some people prefer the HARD WAY!!!
    The theme of all these post wanting stuff that's not in production is people wanting stuff cheap. Cheap=easy, hard=$$$$. cant have something that needs all this r&d cheap. Simple plain jane point and click interface is the only way to get cheap.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by North of 7 View Post
    I'd be happy with even a chiappa little badger style single shot in this caliber. So easy for them to do...

North
    That's an interesting idea...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    I like the idea of a short bolt action pistol cartridge rifle just for fun on a walk around the woods.

The problem is that for function, it probably would all have the same purposes served already by a Ranch Hand or Mares Leg.

As for the 762x25, after the surplus dries up you’re better off with any other pistol cartridge.

Also, buying a $1000 gun to save money using cheap ammo probably wouldn’t work out too well.

I think if someone wanted to get such a project done cheaply, it would have to be through business relationships made on a personal level with someone in China, Turkey, Mexico, India, etc. This could be done of course, but I doubt it would be cheap.

Again I like the concept, but I think there would be a bigger market for a more common chambering like 9mm, and it would be hard to do it cheaper than one of the autoloaders out there such as the Ruger. And with the lever rifles on the market for more powerful revolver cartridges already, I think it would be a tough deal to get going.

I’m not saying that it wouldn’t have a niche following, just that it would require a lot more than a niche following and cost a lot more.

For those interested in the idea, what are your plans after the surplus dries up? What would it do that a 22 Mag wouldn’t? Where have you been getting new factory ammo, and at what price point? Any soft point available at reasonable prices?

I’m not saying any of this to poop on the party, just curious. And if I’m wrong, please correct me.

BANNED
    Just a barrel would be nice, in anything. Let us desperate kinds figure out the rest.

Oh, another one of these threads. Keep it up. One day someone will notice and make one

i would be down for one in a 16" ish barrel.

CGN Regular
    Just thinking out loud bit I have a mutilated Enfield action here, what difficulties would a fellow have building a jig to cut and shorten the action then screw a green mountain pphs finished barrel into it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just get these guys to make a production run with 7.62x25 short barrels... Same size cartridge as their 22 TCM. https://armscor.com/firearms/rifle-series/m22-tcm-ba/. Or just import one and change the barrel yourself :-).
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

Quote Originally Posted by 99Solutions View Post
    I like the idea of a short bolt action pistol cartridge rifle just for fun on a walk around the woods.

The problem is that for function, it probably would all have the same purposes served already by a Ranch Hand or Mares Leg.

As for the 762x25, after the surplus dries up you’re better off with any other pistol cartridge.

Also, buying a $1000 gun to save money using cheap ammo probably wouldn’t work out too well.

I think if someone wanted to get such a project done cheaply, it would have to be through business relationships made on a personal level with someone in China, Turkey, Mexico, India, etc. This could be done of course, but I doubt it would be cheap.

Again I like the concept, but I think there would be a bigger market for a more common chambering like 9mm, and it would be hard to do it cheaper than one of the autoloaders out there such as the Ruger. And with the lever rifles on the market for more powerful revolver cartridges already, I think it would be a tough deal to get going.

I’m not saying that it wouldn’t have a niche following, just that it would require a lot more than a niche following and cost a lot more.

For those interested in the idea, what are your plans after the surplus dries up? What would it do that a 22 Mag wouldn’t? Where have you been getting new factory ammo, and at what price point? Any soft point available at reasonable prices?

I’m not saying any of this to poop on the party, just curious. And if I’m wrong, please correct me.
    I think it's a cheap reloader kind of guys dream plink machine.

I want it for shooting groups at 100M. Once the Milsurp is gone, S&B makes nice stuff that seems available and it's made with with good brass for reloading. There's lots of 30 cal bullets available too for the reloader.

CGN Regular
    Muthafunk, thanks for the input.
    How much do the factory rounds cost? And at what bullet weight would you be able to achieve subsonic using pistol powder (not trail boss) in this cartridge? I don’t think I’ve seen these on the shelf before, just online.
    If it could be done on the cheap somehow, then it would be great. I just expect that the cost will outweigh it in the same way that it’s now longer a bargain to sporterize mil auto rifles. Barrels alone cost as much as a cheap new rifle.
    I see the appeal - there doesn’t seem to be cheap compact bolt action pistol cartridge rifles floating around. It would be the cost of manufacturing that would be the deal breaker.