Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a Bolt-action 7.62x25 SBR?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    40 round snail mag that is specifically designed for the bolt action carbine but just accidentally fits a sig 226 would be cool.

Tagged for interest.

Super Moderator
    The whole point of bolt action is that there is no mandatory minimum barrel length. Remember the .45ACP Lee Enfield conversion kits?
    From a ballistic standpoint, it would be akin to a .32-20HV fired form a carbine; less oomph than a .30 carbine. Marlin made a box magazine fed lever action .30 Carbine years ago.
    The current low priced ammunition is attractive. That isn't likely to last.
    A 340 Savage would be an easy conversion, as far as rebarrelling goes. An adapter for TT-33 magazines could likely be made. Interesting project.

CGN Regular
    A pistol caliber manual action rifle would be a ton of fun, I think. A handy little bolt action in 9mm that took Glock mags would be really fun, or one in 7.62x25 taking tokarev mags.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I would like a long barrel revolver like the Judge in 7.62x25 . It would be a fun non restricted plinker.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dosing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    The theme of all these post wanting stuff that's not in production is people wanting stuff cheap. Cheap=easy, hard=$$$$. cant have something that needs all this r&d cheap. Simple plain jane point and click interface is the only way to get cheap.
    Dont bring logic to these threads...
    I add nothing to these boards.... infact, I detract from thier quality!!!
    And don't you forget it!!!

This is gun wanna! Logic need not apply!!
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    -H. L. Mencken

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Good to know Spanish mausers are soft in many cases.

The "Destroyers" are not the same as the small-ring Spanish 7x57mm Mausers...
    But there is only one person that I see on CGN as being truly despicable by every ethical and moral standards and worse: to be dangerous to the community itself, and that's Cyclone the subversive.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    The theme of all these post wanting stuff that's not in production is people wanting stuff cheap. Cheap=easy, hard=$$$$. cant have something that needs all this r&d cheap. Simple plain jane point and click interface is the only way to get cheap.
    R&D? The bolt face size has already been established as 'regular'.
    It's a 30 cal so barrel blanks are readily available. It takes minimal effort from anyone in the business to get this rolling, there definitely a market, it's probably not as lucrative as a business would want but Christ, you wouldn't think there's much market for an m14 in 7.62x39 but those things are selling. I've been using a savage with inserts but I buggered up the insert when I glued it in so now extraction is impossible. Still. I'm about ready to make an investment because 1900 fps from surplus ammo in a bolt action is perfect for a lot of things.

Am I loopy for wanting something like this in a pump action? (ie: lightning)

Bolt action would be cool and all, quick mag changes....but slow to cycle!

(E)
    Law of Politics
    Communicating logic to a Liberal is only a little more difficult than communicating with the dead.