Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Personal question for Surplus / ex-mil guys....

Personal question for Surplus / ex-mil guys....

I am putting updating my emergency earthquake kit for myself and the fam and would like to add some MRE type meals. I know the US ones are fairly cheap and available but does anyone here know where to get the Canadian IMPs ?

Please let me know if you know of any that don't cost $39.99 USD each....lol
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

From seeing how much the CF pays for them, I don't think you'll be able to get a deal on them.

Also, the one from the US are usually a lot better.

Hard to find because it’s illegal, so far as I’m aware.. “expired” get cut open by pte/ cpl types and chucked in the dumpster lol
    Bruh you don’t want them anyways. You’re better off with canned food and assorted non perishables for short term.

Get a couple extra cans here and there when you go to the grocery store. Look up pics on build your own meals how people do it and invest in rice/pulses etc for mid term

^ canadian imps aren't sold to the public, and anyone you find are most likely going to be expired ones that were "thrown out"

I've had the "mre star" mres before, the quality was better than a canadian imp, and I think I got them for about $20 a piece (this was about 5yrs ago).

CGN Regular
    Sometimes you can find them on Craigslist for reasonable prices.

PM me.
    Last edited by tiriaq; 02-13-2019 at 02:40 PM.

There are far better options than expensive, heavy and relatively low life span military rations.

As already stated canned food, or my choice is freeze dried. Military rations are garbage food

Shawn

I've never had a 'military' MRE, but I've bought the Star brand MRE's from Amazon. Also 'prepper' stores like Briden solutions has them. While MRE's are quite convenient, the Mountain House freeze dried stuff is much better.

+1 for mountain supplies freeze dried food, they taste great with a few drop of Sriracha. Those are good if you have a stove in your bag but for me my bug out bag has plenty of ammunition, parts and cleaning kits so MRE are a better choice since can be eat right out of the box if you don't mind a bit of cold food. The only time I would bug out when sh*t is really hit the fan.

Otherwise Bug in is the best option so freeze dried food and canned food are the better option since you would have plenty of supplies at home. Great for other emergency as well.

These are not for a BOB they are for an earthquake here on the coast. Since I have two kids to take care of and our government is going to be a useless bag of s**t in a REAL emergency situation I prefer to know that i have all that I need for me and the little room mates. There are now 2 large Rubbermaid tubs outside in my garden shed for us to have some modicum of comfort and stability, just would like some MREs to add to it so I don't have to cook or even boil water if I'm otherwise occupied.

Leigh
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast