Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Visitors at Wolverine Today

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^
    LOL, I can see that being the case Hopefully JTF2 and CSOR do a little more then that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MPI View Post
    If you ever want to take a military vehicle for a walk about without permission slap a student driver sign on it before you leave. No one in the chain of command will bat an eye if they see it somewhere off the beaten track.
    So true!
    From one who knows!
    CSSA (OHA), CPC SSA (RSO), CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Are they chrome lined?
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by johnmbrowning View Post
    How do i tell you this without completely destroying your fantasies about the cf...lets just say when the enemy force isn't "notional" (which is 95 percent of the time) it usually consists of a single dude letting off a full mag of blanks from a c7 then running away...lol
    Or just yelling "BANG"...

True story.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    Its for real, the "students" have to get a certain km during their driving course to get their qualification for the vehicle they are training on
    Last course on which I was an instructor/examiner, students had to log 500 km road time with a further 1000 km for troop lift.
    CSSA (OHA), CPC SSA (RSO), CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by MPI View Post
    If you ever want to take a military vehicle for a walk about without permission slap a student driver sign on it before you leave. No one in the chain of command will bat an eye if they see it somewhere off the beaten track.
    Noted!
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

Quote Originally Posted by Rule 303 View Post
    Last course on which I was an instructor/examiner, students had to log 500 km road time with a further 1000 km for troop lift.
    Last course I was on the instructors forgot how many Kms we had to log. So we all "graduated" and then got an email a month later saying we had to log another 75km "track and trail" on our own time to keep the certification.

Ever try to rent an MSVS from Thrifty? It's almost impossible :D

I wanna visit the wolverine store.. That will be one of my agenda whennI meet my family there..

GunNutz
    That's awesome! ...did they use the range?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    I would imagine the visit was a good excuse to get a few trainees on the road.

"Okay well where are we going?"
    "I dunno.....wolverine?"
    More like the trainees were on the road and needed somewhere to go. Last driver wheel course I taught I had my guys driving to every gun shop within 400km of the base.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast