Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Visitors at Wolverine Today

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    That's the TAPV. Different whip. High and top-heavy because they designed them first then added more upper body armour. :/
    So, the TAPV is the tippable G wagen all over again
    CSSA (OHA), CPC SSA (RSO), CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    That's the TAPV. Different whip. High and top-heavy because they designed them first then added more upper body armour. :/
    Ah! Indeed you are correct! Was probably just a great day rollin' in LAV's then..

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule 303 View Post
    So, the TAPV is the tippable G wagen all over again
    Hey! Don't be pickin fun on the gangster wagon.

How else am I suppose to tell the world I have more money than brains than a $120k frame on body truck with triple locking diffs that'll never leave the paved road ?

I like your Security.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmbrowning View Post
    How do i tell you this without completely destroying your fantasies about the cf...lets just say when the enemy force isn't "notional" (which is 95 percent of the time) it usually consists of a single dude letting off a full mag of blanks from a c7 then running away...lol
    You clearly haven`t had great enemy force. I spent an entire summer as enemy force with about 15 other guys in 2016 and we hit them hard. We had c6, c7, c9, all the simulated explosives as well as grenades, land mines, ied`s and suicide vests loaded with compressed air and baby powder.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacticalvin View Post
    Sounds like a fun day, as long as none of them flipped or caught on fire!! HAHA!

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...oured-vehicles
    TAPVs. Different beast. Most of the TAPV roll overs were due to driver inexperience because its a new fleet, and people are trying to drive them like LAVs.

That story didn't say much about fires, but fires aren't unique to TAPV either. The LUVW Milcot, also known as the Milverado, was known to spontaneously ignite and burn a crisp in the parking lot due to bad wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Depend's on the equipment. The Forces will give a stipend to those who want to buy their own combat boots, for example, as the procurement system doesn't have enough to go around. At Wolverine, I could see them picking up safety glasses, rifle straps, and other accessories. I wouldn't expect them to be buying a backup weapon, as that would be highly regulated.

As an aside, I wonder if the Forces would be interested in purchasing a few WK181-C rifles, for use in opposing forces training exercises where you need live fire from 7.62x39 mm armed opponents? I'm sure they've got some sample AKs for this at bases, but I'm the Op Force would likely love a 7.62 rifle they could throw their C7 accessories on.
    No, the forces would not be interested in buying anything that doesn't come from Colt Canada, as CC is the holder of the munitions supply program contract and all small arms sales goes through them.

Second, live from from armed opponents? You think Op For shoots live rounds at the good guys in training? For about a hundred reasons, nope.

Yes, the main training centres have AKs. most of them will tell you that 7.62x39 ammo is hard to come buy, so more weapons using that cartridge is not going to be high on the priority list.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^
    Thanks for the correction about the live fire; seen too many movies, I guess And for the rest of the information!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678