CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Military Rations

Business Member Army Issue Surplus Inc's Avatar
    Over the Hump, there's less Bugs 'in da woods' now .
    Little camping little pre hunt gear maybe?

Wow didnt know these had resale value...

Any available ?
    Thanks

$17 for a single meal ?

Am I reading that right ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    How much are you paying people to take the salmon ones? The rest look decent. I like the lamb stew one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    How much are you paying people to take the salmon ones? The rest look decent. I like the lamb stew one as well.
    If you're down to the last ration and it's Salmon, use it as Bait for a Snare trap or Fishing Line.
    But the rest of the meal sides and Drinks are still great

Like you mentioned the rest of the menus are great compared to the stuff from the 80's and 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    my son liked the salmon. He normally won't even eat fish

Like you mentioned the rest of the menus are great compared to the stuff from the 80's and 90's.
    I haven't tried anything since the 90's. I thought the goulash and the sausage and hashbrowns were pretty dammed tasty, the pepper sauce and crunchy type cereal were good too.
    There were stinkers back in the day. Cherry dessert, recalled turkey/chicken? a la king, and the inedible omelet.
    Any gun owner who doesn't vote by October 21st should surrender their guns on October 22nd.
    CSSA CCFR
    The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    I haven't tried anything since the 90's. I thought the goulash and the sausage and hashbrowns were pretty dammed tasty, the pepper sauce and crunchy type cereal were good too.
    There were stinkers back in the day. Cherry dessert, recalled turkey/chicken? a la king, and the inedible omelet.
    The “pain hamburger” is absolutey inedible in the current imp. Poutine is similarily complete garbage. Barely wanted to eat these and they were free

Poutine is both the worst and most popular Ration at the same time.
    The Military has Introduced a Novelty meal. It says Poutine but its not.

"To meet various member requirements, the vegetarian options are formulated to meet kosher and halal requirements as well. For the general population, there are tried-and-true comfort foods like shepherd’s pie and spaghetti with meatballs. Hamburger and smoked meat meals debuted in 2014. Some are more leading-edge, such as the most recent additions to be found in soldier backpacks in the spring of 2015: pulled pork and poutine."
    The article in Army GC goes on to say
    http://www.army-armee.forces.gc.ca/e...tions/i55aqriv

She notes that some popular meals do not lend themselves well to this type of processing, so the team works to get as close as possible under the circumstances. In creating a poutine IMP, the team basically deconstructed the ingredients and adapted them to the technology.

“We couldn’t make fries, so we have cooked potatoes with gravy, cheese and big chunks of cooked chicken to add some protein,” she said. “When we tested it in the field, they liked it very much.”
    Not everything is a hit, however. “We have had surprises when we thought a meal was very promising, but the people didn’t like it,” said Ms. Delaney.

“Every second year, we go to brigades in Valcartier, Petawawa and Edmonton to test the new menus with about 60 people from each brigade,” she said. “They are the ones who will ultimately decide if they will go into the rations.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123