Thread: Maple Ridge Armoury .223 Wylde 5R Guardian Barrel for WK-180c

Maple Ridge Armoury .223 Wylde 5R Guardian Barrel for WK-180c

Anyone purchase this barrel for their WK yet? Range report? Interested in buying to improve accuracy for coyote hunting.
    Tacticalvin -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

HelloTacticalvin, Your post interests me because not owning a WK-180 the accuracy say@ 100m is not something that is posted as far as I can see, hence your quest for a more accurate barrel leads me to think they are not tack drivers or minute of coyote.
    A range revue would be helpful for a general accuracy in a comparative context.
    I have now a KelTec SU-16 Tactical which is a great work every time rifle, but not super accurate, compared to my AR's. Your comments would be appreciated.

WRXS,
    I cannot provide range review until my vortex scope comes in but there are many people that can verify that WK180c will shoot sub MOA with high quality hunting ammo (thehuntinggearguy review) and 1.5-2 with middle of the road.

I’m interested in the guardian barrel because it would be lighter and premium quality which IMO would offer long term reliability for coyote hunting for years to come. Would bring my coyote rifle to $1850 instead of $2500 for ATRS MS.
    Tacticalvin -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    wxrs there are many many threads /range reviews of the WK180C on gunnutz.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Calvin, fyi RWA is making mid length op rods for the WK180-C that will allow you to use other barrels as well. The only thing is that the gas port on a standard AR barrel will most likely need to be enlarged.

I have a MRA stainless barrel with a mid length gas port waiting to go on my WK once I get the new op rod.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Calvin, fyi RWA is making mid length op rods for the WK180-C that will allow you to use other barrels as well. The only thing is that the gas port on a standard AR barrel will most likely need to be enlarged.

I have a MRA stainless barrel with a mid length gas port waiting to go on my WK once I get the new op rod.
    Thanks! I'm definitely interested in investing in my WK. Just trying to weigh the advantages of this "made to fit" barrel vs. experimenting with Mid-length op rod, mid-length gas port, standard AR barrel configurations. VERY curious how your set up turns out. POST WHEN DONE!
    Tacticalvin -

I would have to say that the "made to fit" barrel is definitely the simplest option.

I just chose to go the route I'm going because 1, I like stainless barrels and 2, I already had the barrel sitting here.

Either way you go a new barrel will definitely be an upgrade.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Try it as is and perhaps handload for it with the OEM barrel. You may find it might surprise you.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    I've asked our customers for feedback, none have tried them yet. Some are still waiting for the gun itself

I would expect accuracy to be on par with MRA's other offerings
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms