Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My experience with Target Sports today

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Wow.... just wow...

They say the truth hurts and this, while brutal is simply the truth.

I have to personally apologize and am going to work carefully with Julie the GM to sort out this ongoing issue as we have all the right tools to offer exceptional service at Target. There is absolutely no excuse not to and not to continually have done so.

A multitude of different issues were mentioned in this tread and we'll be dissecting it all to see where we need to re-boot. It is obvious that the behavior is systemic and major changes are needed.

The retail is just as important as the range to me. Target Sports was set up to help from the beginning of someone's shooting experience all the way through... We are seriously dropping the ball and it is NOT because staff are new. 80% have been with Target over a year. 50% over 3 years....

This is all on us.

JR
    As a member at Target Sports for the last five years, I commend your reply. Thank you JR.

As a member of Target for the past three years, I can attest to the varied customer service. I also have to say that leadership starts from the top and JR and I had an email exchange last year that was not what I would expect to see between and owner of a club and a member as it was dismissive and didn't address my concerns. I wont share it here as that is not appropriate but it certainly left me with a negative impression of the club's leadership.

Secondly, the upkeep of the range is not where it needs to be. Many of the target retrieval machines either do not work or are partly functional causing people to use brooms to push the targets back. This is unsafe and needs to be corrected. I have brought it to the attention of the RO and I received excuses why they didn't work, custom metal needed to fabricated to repair them etc....

I agree with the previous post, there is never any bulk ammo. It is very common for me to shoot 400 rounds in one shooting session.

Lastly, it is very clear that walk-ins are the primary focus of Target. When I see four lanes roped off for walk-ins and I need to wait for a lane as a member, you have made your priorities very clear.

I would like to say that there is some amazing staff at Target such as Edgar and Ivan. Zack was great when he was there. These guys set a very high bar and this is why some people might feel that some of the newer staff are not living up to these standards.

For many residents of Toronto, this is the closest range and my time is valuable. I am excited that another range will be opening that will be the exact same distance from Toronto and after speaking with the owner, the priority will be its members.

I am happy to see that JR both read and responded to this but actions are the measurement of success.

I've been a member of that club for many years, mostly because of lack of other clubs in the area. The experience varied over the years, sometimes good, sometimes less than that. Last year though there were many times when I came to shoot and the range was either closed for maintenance, or some other events, or I had to wait for other people to clear out. Finally I've had enough and didn't renew my membership. Got it at another club. A little longer drive, but better ranges and service. All I can say, if you don't like it then take your business elsewhere.

Target sports lost my business long ago.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345