Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My experience with Target Sports today

CGN Regular

My experience with Target Sports today

I am a member of Target Sport for more than 10 years and today I saw the Sig MPX at the back of the counter. So I asked for the price and a sales representative, without taking the rifle out to show me and checking the price tag on the gun, quickly quote me "twenty nine hundred". And I know the regular price of the gun is around $2,400. So I did not ask anymore and went in for my shooting.

After I am done with my shooting I wanted to take a closer look of the MPX again so I asked a different sales representative to show me the gun. And I saw the price tag is $2,399....

I am actually interested in the MPX. So I ask the sales person whether the rifle is Gen 1 or 2. If it is a gen 2 there is a chance that I will buy the firearm right away. But he says he does not know. He asked me back what is the difference between the generations rather than investigate it by asking around and answer me later.

To summarize I do not expect all sales personal to know everything about guns. But I really feel the customer services is rather poor. Particular the first sales person, who is so lazy that he did not even want to check the price before giving me a quote.

Note that in both cases the sales are not serving other customers when I ask questions. So being busy on Saturday is no excuse to me.

If you been a member for a while you noticed a bunch of new young guys behind the counter, they dont know the regular members, they dont know much about firearms - hard to blame them. I do not rely on anyone’s expertise there as the stuff that I hear sometimes I just want to shake my head. And the prices there are never amazing. So - the target sports is just the for shooting, i do my buying elsewhere.

Maybe clerk #1 was including the sales tax.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free" A.E.Van Vogt

Quote Originally Posted by machman View Post
    Maybe clerk #1 was including the sales tax.

CGN Regular
    They don’t even list what they have on their website, seems only for range member.

You are damn right. Customer Service is hit and miss. I have been to TS multiple times, and I have seen the worst. With tax, it should only go $ 2712, not $ 2900.

Why didn't you Google up the info yourself to see if it was a Gen 1 or a Gen 2? Calling kettle black.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn696 View Post
    Why didn't you Google up the info yourself to see if it was a Gen 1 or a Gen 2? Calling kettle black.
    Yeah, look it up yourself you lazy bum!

How can you dare to interrupt a "sales" person? Don't you know they have better things to do than sell stuff and answer your stupid questions?

Unf***ingbelievable!!!!!!!

CGN frequent flyer cerebral_bore's Avatar
    Was it the 8” or the 16” barrel?

What IS the difference between Gen1 and Gen2?

CGN Regular
    Actually I do know the difference now. And it is easy to find out.

https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7pzSrBANIw&t=118s

Lazy is what I can say about them. Particularly the first sales guy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast