Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Zastava MP22

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Literally the first I have heard of this. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    Has anyone dealt with the chambering/feeding issues with this rifles.

Apparently there are problems and it's being sold as is.

What is warranty on these Zastava rifles? Seems like they are sending out pos with full knowledge of existing problems.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Regular
    Nope not heard of this. Mine though has issues with waxy ammo like S&B . Otherwise great ��

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter22 View Post
    Nope not heard of this. Mine though has issues with waxy ammo like S&B . Otherwise great ��
    same here, no loading issues at all, only some extraction problems with certain ammo.
    mine has a very tight chamber that is great for accuracy but with wrong ammo or once it becomes dirty (i.e. waxy) gives some grief.

no pos in my opinion, hard to find a 22 rifle in that price range with all steel and walnut construction, even all metal mags (only exception is plastic butt pad) and beautiful dark blueing.

did i mention the great (adjustable) trigger?
    May 1st 2020, clear proof;
    Registration leads to confiscation!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yes, there is extraction issues and feeding the last round in the mag is almost impossible.
    Tried to tweak the mag lips, shortened the spring but no go.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The trigger is adjustable to a certain degree and has lots of sideways play. Far from a great trigger...

I had the Remington Model 5 bolt action 22LR which is basically a Zastava MP22 with the Remington markings and a nice laminate stock. Sold it for $300.00 on a face to face deal to a friend.

It shot like a laser beam, extremely accurate with CCI Stingers and Federal American Eagle AE22 rounds. I never had any feeding, cycling, extraction or any other concern. Just amazing accuracy, shot many grouse with this set up.

I never should have sold it, tried several times to buy it back, not a chance, he stated it's way too accurate and a lot of fun to shoot.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Literally the first I have heard of this. Anyone?
    I used to have this rifle. It has a match (tight) chamber and weak extractors. The match chamber gives it excellent accuracy, but is prone to being gummed up by waxed coated bullets (like CCI lead round nose). Just use copper plated ammo and it'll be fine. I used to shoot cheap Federal 36gr CPHP bulk ammo with very good results.
    It's one of the most accurate rifle for the money, I got mine for $200 in rougher shape, and it shot one hole or cloverleaf groups at 25yds with a Nikon 2-7x scope and cheap bulk ammo. I regret selling this rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    Yes, there is extraction issues and feeding the last round in the mag is almost impossible.
    Tried to tweak the mag lips, shortened the spring but no go.

I've noticed the same thing of tight barrel and difficulty feeding last round. However, I'll be keeping mine for the foreseeable future.
    Self Defense is a HUMAN right!

Proud member of CSSA
    Proud member of CCFR
    Proud member of NRA

I have one in 22mag, bought it from SAIL many years ago with a few spare mags, it's the most accurate 22mag I have ever seen.
    The mag feeding issues come from the followers, some are oversized, some have flashing that needs to be removed. Pretty simple fix, just remove the followers and sand them down until they don't bind all the way through the magazine travel. No issues with mine after that, prior to, it would only feed 3 rounds.
    Extractors, same issue, they are stamped steel and could use a good smoothing, very easy to do and will solve extraction issues.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    I have one in 22mag, bought it from SAIL many years ago with a few spare mags, it's the most accurate 22mag I have ever seen.
    After getting the 22LR, I have been VERY tempted to get the 22Mag as well!
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.