Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Zastava MP22

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Hey guys~only read the first page of this thread, but are these rifles available in 22WMR...and decently accurate in that caliber? Curious to hear if anyone here has one in 22WMR.

Just unpacked mine this morning. I’m afraid to say that I’ve made a BIG mistake.

I should’ve purchased TWO of them! They are sweet looking! Can’t wait to get to the range.

My advice to everyone: if you want a really nice looking rimfire bolt rifle, RUN and don’t just go and order one; better yet, order two or your dick’ll fall off! Lol
    Self Defense is a HUMAN right!

Proud member of CSSA
    Proud member of CCFR
    Proud member of NRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Very nice rifle, at a fantastic price! Now I want one... But I'm currently saving my nickles for a MP40-22lr...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    Hey guys~only read the first page of this thread, but are these rifles available in 22WMR...and decently accurate in that caliber? Curious to hear if anyone here has one in 22WMR.
    Yes I have one in 22wmr and I will say that in the accuracy department its right up there with the Cz 452 and Walthers in my club. Never had an issue as yet with feeding and extraction using Hornady loads.

Has anybody “oiled “ their stock and if so need a little help
    Was it “tung “ oil?
    What make ?
    Instructions
    I’ve marine varnished chairs, 8 coats where the first coat was cut with 80% spirits and gradually reduced to just varnish , is this the same process?

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 45CAT View Post
    Has anybody “oiled “ their stock and if so need a little help
    I asked Gunco about this & he said to see if rain beads off the stock. If it does it's not an issue.

He also said if I wanted the stock refinished, he would use linseed oil.

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I asked Gunco about this & he said to see if rain beads off the stock. If it does it's not an issue.

He also said if I wanted the stock refinished, he would use linseed oil.

Cheers
    Jay
    Tongue oil is a better, more durable finish and it stinks less.

Tru-Oil also works great!... I use two to four coats of Tru-Oil, a little goes a long way. The end result is outstanding!

Tru-OilŪ
    Originally used as a gunstock finish, this linseed-based drying oil has gained popularity for use on tool handles, musical instruments and other items that are subject to frequent handling, due to its excellent resistance to wear and moisture.Applied with a cloth, it penetrates the wood to deepen its color and accentuate grain, drying to a tough, lustrous and elastic film that will not crack or discolor with age.
    Made in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Tru-Oil also works great!... I use two to four coats of Tru-Oil, a little goes a long way. The end result is outstanding!

Tru-OilŪ
    Originally used as a gunstock finish, this linseed-based drying oil has gained popularity for use on tool handles, musical instruments and other items that are subject to frequent handling, due to its excellent resistance to wear and moisture.Applied with a cloth, it penetrates the wood to deepen its color and accentuate grain, drying to a tough, lustrous and elastic film that will not crack or discolor with age.
    Made in USA.
    Have you prepped Zastava stock at all or is it good to go straight on?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjhaile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezuch View Post
    Have you prepped Zastava stock at all or is it good to go straight on?
    Whatever finish is on the stock needs to be stripped prior to refinishing. Besides ensuring that the new finish penetrates properly into the grain, it will also get rid of the muddy-looking top coat that tends to mask the character of the wood.