Zastava MP22

Love mine! No issues. Seems to eat everything I can feed it.

wepwqdI.jpg

Should’ve bought 10 of them from Tradex a couple years ago when they were in stock, I’m not sure there’s a new one in stock anywhere in the country now at this point, unless there happens to be one hiding in some dark corner. All the rifles available on the secondary market are up at least 20% over MSRP .. which is slightly odd as they’re still being made, just not being freshly imported. I really wish someone like North Sylva would bring another shipment in as they’re clearly in demand

I keep looking out for a 22Mag Zastava MP22... Unsure if it's a want or must have...

One thing is for sure, they are not that common on the used market. I guess folks hang on to them!

Cheers
Jay

I forgot about this thread.

I often have extraction problems due to cases stuck/seized in the chamber. And it is not an extractor issue.
When it occurs, I need a rod to push them out.

I try all kinds of ammo from cheap to absurdly expensive with similar results.

I often have extraction problems due to cases stuck/seized in the chamber. And it is not an extractor issue.
When it occurs, I need a rod to push them out.

I try all kinds of ammo from cheap to absurdly expensive with similar results.

Maybe having a gunsmith polish the chamber would fix that issue?

Reviving an old thread...

Just finished to put back together my Zastava MP22.

Refinished the stock ( stripped with turpentine ) with Tru-Oil.
It was the first time I was using Birch Casey tru-oil and I can say its fairly easy to use.
The action is bedded and the barrel is now free floated.
Polished the safety and trigger parts and a couple areas on the bolt.

Scope is a leupold compact 6X AO with Burris signature zee rings ( weird fit but looks sturdy and centered ).

Should have some time to test it at the range in a week or two.

CH0dtd6.jpg

pNqVaqi.jpg

u5oqnTY.jpg

Hello Ben777,

Since we have brought this great thread back to life, it would be nice to hear how your beautiful MP22 is doing for accuracy.

I tried to buy back the Remington Model 5 (Zastava) that I sold years ago, not a chance the fellow stated!.........:)

Oh well, one lives and learns.

By the way, very nice job on your redo of your Zastava........:)

Last edited:
Maybe having a gunsmith polish the chamber would fix that issue?
That's certainly what I had in mind.
I tried to polish it the MacGyver way without success.
Using honing compound on a multi layered cloth over an improvised wooden drill bit :)
Made the chamber ultra shiny. I had big hope up to the range.

Lesson's learned: do not buy used from previous owner who says he didn't test fire it.

^ Tight chamber most likely. Needs reaming..., same problem here!

I haven't (completley) fixed the issue yet either but polished the chamber and it got a bit better.

A total no go with LRN ammo for extracting an unfired cartridge. You poke them out of the chamber and will see the barrel rifling imprint on the lead head.

The only round that cycles reliable in any case in mine is the Yellowjackets (due to the truncated projectile I suppose), and it gives good accuracy. In warmer weather, the Mini Mag and Aguila .22 Interceptor, both copper plated hollow points, work most of the time too.

I just got my mp22 recently no issue at all. Does anyone know how to find year of manufacture on the rifle?

Back
Top Bottom