Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Zastava MP22

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I 'momentarily' had a lapse of judgement & put mine in the EE overnight...

Slept on it, had a change of heart and pulled the ad. I like it too much!

Cheers
    Jay
    I saw the ad and remembered this thread.

Then I thought, he will probably regret this... These don't come up often on the EE these days.

I think you did the right move by removing the ad
    ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̀益•́)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Sounds like it has a tight/target chamber, which would make it so accurate, making me want one, possibly cleaning the chamber with a good brush and solvent will help, I wouldn't want to ream it for fear it will make it less accurate, great deal, I missed that one!
    This seems to be fairly common with Zastava to have tight chambers. I have one of the 7.62x39 rifles and tried a few different types of non corrosive i had and anything steel cased or lacquered surplus type of ammo was tight getting in and out. What worked best for me was some Tula soft points i had.

Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    Fantastic deal for $299 and FREE SHIPPING! A few years ago I paid $309 for my Z5/M22. This rifle is worth every penny. Fit and finish (bluing) are impeccable. Very accurate.
    I was having a chance to handle one, not impressed. Is a reason why Tradeex want to see them gone from inventory.

CGN Regular
    I have 2 of the Zastava m70 commercial Mausers. They are of totally different levels of fit and finish, as if made by 2 entirely different manufacturers. When I read conflicting reviews on them now, I believe BOTH reviewers because I have experienced each.

I think if a guy could either handle before buying or else get good detailed pics, he could get one and be satisfied with it. That being said, even my rougher one is not a regret and I’m happily keeping it.

Thread revival: Just bought a used MP22... Brought it at the range today to zero the scope. Very accurate little rifle.

User Manual: Rule #12
    ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE-SHOOTING GLASSES. There’s always a chance that gun powder, gas, carbon residue, lubricant, metallic particles, or other debris that may blow back and injure eyes of the shooter. Injury in such circumstances can be severe, including the possible loss of vision. ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO WEAR SAFETY GLASSES TOO!

I must be really lucky because mine blows back particles at every rounds and because I'm left handed. My right cheeks gets them all. It's annoying enough I think I'll sell it quick.

From what I see, if I were right handed I wouldn't have noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfCenter View Post
    Thread revival: Just bought a used MP22... Brought it at the range today to zero the scope. Very accurate little rifle.

ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE-SHOOTING GLASSES. There’s always a chance that gun powder, gas, carbon residue, lubricant, metallic particles, or other debris that may blow back and injure eyes of the shooter. Injury in such circumstances can be severe, including the possible loss of vision. ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO WEAR SAFETY GLASSES TOO!

I must be really lucky because mine blows back particles at every rounds and because I'm left handed. My right cheeks gets them all. It's annoying enough I think I'll sell it quick.

Brutal, doesn't sound right. I wonder if there is something wrong with your rifle?.....
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfCenter View Post

I had this problem with some reminton thunderbolt ammo in some bolt action rifles. It was like the brass was not expanding enough to seal the chamber. The bolt guns never had a problem with any other ammo. You could try another ammo.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    I had this problem with some reminton thunderbolt ammo in some bolt action rifles. It was like the brass was not expanding enough to seal the chamber. The bolt guns never had a problem with any other ammo. You could try another ammo.
    Exactly what I was thinking bobc...

PerfCenter, did you try other ammo? You said it was an accurate little rifle, you might be pleased with an ammo switch up?

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking bobc...

PerfCenter, did you try other ammo? You said it was an accurate little rifle, you might be pleased with an ammo switch up?

Cheers
    Jay
    Thanks Jay and bobc, I will try with other ammo then... Before parting with it.
    I was cheap Blazer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Has anyone dealt with the chambering/feeding issues with this rifles.

Apparently there are problems and it's being sold as is.

What is warranty on these Zastava rifles? Seems like they are sending out pos with full knowledge of existing problems.