Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Zastava MP22

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo Dug View Post
    I obviously know nothing about these rifles, so please bare with me... is there, or has there been a tube mag variant?
    No tube magazine variant. Just a detachable magazine. 9 rds magazines are available.
    NFA CCFR CSSA
    CPC PC Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    No tube magazine variant. Just a detachable magazine. 9 rds magazines are available.
    Thanks... nothing against detachable, just curious. Also, I'm kindof in the market for a new plinker, so it's nice to learn what's out there.
    Take the red pill.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyfour View Post
    They are quality made rifles, not a pics of plastic to be seen. Though mine also had extraction problems as you described. I believe it was a weak spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    The extraction problems seem common enough that it's surprising there are no posts online about a good way to fix the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobelFlush View Post
    I received an MP22 in a bulk package just under a year ago. I had extraction problems and almost offloaded it before trying subsonic ammunition in it. It's now my go to while ROing the range a couple times the week. It is a tackdriver with subsonic and a pleasure to shoot. I even used it to get a few grouse towards the end of season in the snow. Winchester Super Supressed is the brand I think it likes the most.
    I received stronger replacement springs from another board member, seems to be the fix & if so, not a big issue for such a nice 22 at this price point!

I'm not sure when I will have another range report after the springs are replaced, but I'll update you guys down the road for sure.

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Took mine to the range Wednesday. Only got to 30m to sight in but cci quiet were pretty much touching. And it was windy here. I hope other ammo shoots as well

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Update, Gunco is going to replace the two small springs on the extractors on the bolt, polish the chamber lightly & may re-profile the shape of the left extractor. Told him I didn't want to muck with it too much as it is a TACK driver!

Will have it back next week & once I hit the range with it next time I'll let you all know if the one stuck casing issue I had is resolved.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Thanks Jay!
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I couldn't resist it any longer and I caved and ordered one. It's a steal at the price. I don't have a 22 at the moment and I have nearly a whole case of minimags that need to be used up. Now I just need to find some scope rings...

Nice. You may want to get some oil for the stock. They don't seem to have any finish on them. Otherwise beautiful gun blueing is excellent

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik123 View Post
    I couldn't resist it any longer and I caved and ordered one. It's a steal at the price. I don't have a 22 at the moment and I have nearly a whole case of minimags that need to be used up. Now I just need to find some scope rings...
    I'm surprised they are not sold out to be honest. And TradeEx has the NC Star 1 Inch rings for 3/8 Dovetail RB25.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the dovetail mounting system, but I went with them & they seem fine for a budget rifle that performs way above it's price point!
    Wing Nut

Mine does the same thing. It seems like these rifles has a tight chamber and weak extractor. CCI ammo has more wax on it, and the wax eventually build up in the chamber and causes the spent brass to stick.
    Use copper plated (preferably Federal) and you won't have any issues. Mine is very accurate with cheap bulk Federal and AE.