Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Zastava MP22

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator

Zastava MP22

Hey TradeEx;

Had the Zastava MP22 at the range today. It shot bulk pack Federal 36grain copper plated hollow points better than CCI Standard Target, chuckle.

One ragged hole at 50m.

Only hiccup, one stuck CCI case in the chamber, tapped it out with a cleaning rod, stopped using the CCI and no further issues. Not sure why CCI did that?

Cheers
    Jay

Name:  60D35CA4-A988-4BFB-B70D-594CB49556D0.jpg
Views: 12864
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  C0F1153A-6BD5-4D70-BF58-ED3ED791960A.jpg
Views: 12892
Size:  80.2 KB
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

They are quality made rifles, not a pics of plastic to be seen. Though mine also had extraction problems as you described. I believe it was a weak spring.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    The extraction problems seem common enough that it's surprising there are no posts online about a good way to fix the issue.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I had the Remington Model 5 Zastava Laminate stock 22 LR. Absolutely was a tack driver! Shot Federal American Eagle 38 grain hollow points ( AE22 ) into a dime sized hole at 50 yards. Never should have sold it.

Mine never had any extraction issues whatsoever. Very well made rifle. Good looking too!....
    Last edited by Thunderhog; 02-17-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    The one case that got stuck after firing was CCI Standard. No issue with CCI Stingers, but they didn't print tight groups like the Federal bulk pack ammo. As mentioned, I stopped feeding it the CCI Standard & had no further issues.

I wonder if there are small dimensional differences in the brass case that could be the issue?

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

I received an MP22 in a bulk package just under a year ago. I had extraction problems and almost offloaded it before trying subsonic ammunition in it. It's now my go to while ROing the range a couple times the week. It is a tackdriver with subsonic and a pleasure to shoot. I even used it to get a few grouse towards the end of season in the snow. Winchester Super Supressed is the brand I think it likes the most.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sounds like it has a tight/target chamber, which would make it so accurate, making me want one, possibly cleaning the chamber with a good brush and solvent will help, I wouldn't want to ream it for fear it will make it less accurate, great deal, I missed that one!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Great deal, I missed that one!
    Bobdbldr, it's still on sale... https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...repeater-22-lr

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks Jay, don't know why I didn't look in the AAA specials!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Bobdbldr, it's still on sale... https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...repeater-22-lr
    Cheers
    Jay
    Fantastic deal for $299 and FREE SHIPPING! A few years ago I paid $309 for my Z5/M22. This rifle is worth every penny. Fit and finish (bluing) are impeccable. Very accurate.
    NFA CCFR CSSA
    CPC PC Ontario

Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast