Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Type 81 in 5.56/223 rem possibility ?

Type 81 5.56/223 build was moved here:

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...2#post18393412

Thank you
    Last edited by romayama; 10-25-2021 at 02:18 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^
    Nice work!

Thank you kindly.
    Hoping to get the barrel assembled and pressed in/ headspaced very soon. The next challenge will be the bolt face modification

Quote Originally Posted by romayama View Post
    Thank you kindly.
    Hoping to get the barrel assembled and pressed in/ headspaced very soon. The next challenge will be the bolt face modification
    If you get this to work my God i will build a shrine to you

Quote Originally Posted by TheCyaba View Post
    If you get this to work my God i will build a shrine to you
    Haha, I am sure it would be like a walk in the park for Motiuk Mfg
    Last edited by romayama; 10-24-2021 at 01:09 PM.

BANNED
    As I promised to a couple of members, going to post the progress pics of the 223 conversion work.
    With the prayer, work has started.
    From one of my previous projects I had a take-off T97 barrel which proved to be a good base for this conversion so far. The shank was smaller than the T81 trunnion opening, so it required a press-on bushing. Other than that, barrel diameters where devices were installed are very close, within the +/- 0.001" which was a good surprise for me. If the T97 barrel was not available, an AR15 barrel would be a good candidate.

Donor barrel
    Attachment 532799

The donor rifle is taken apart. The T97 Barrel is stripped of the devices and has the bushing pressed on.
    Attachment 532803

The T97 barrel is at the bottom - barrel shank is machined to size, barrel devices are migrated onto it just for the fitment check. On top is the stripped T81 barrel
    Attachment 532804

Some unused notches for the pins will be filled using welder and then machined flush, just for the aesthetics
    Attachment 532810

Existing gas port will be plugged with the threaded plug. It will be right under the front sight base so it going to be completely hidden. New port will need to be drilled.
    Attachment 532812

The 223 muzzle. Planning to put back the "bird cage" T97 flash hider on it when finished
    Attachment 532813

To be continued
    So when can you ramp up production on these for everyone else,, AND KEEP THE PRICE BELOW 1K. might even have to jump into a failed pre order pyramid scheme

nice work btw look forward to seeing the finished piece

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    As I promised to a couple of members, going to post the progress pics of the 223 conversion work.
    With the prayer, work has started.
    From one of my previous projects I had a take-off T97 barrel which proved to be a good base for this conversion so far. The shank was smaller than the T81 trunnion opening, so it required a press-on bushing. Other than that, barrel diameters where devices were installed are very close, within the +/- 0.001" which was a good surprise for me. If the T97 barrel was not available, an AR15 barrel would be a good candidate.

Donor barrel
    [ATTACH]532799[/ATTACH

The donor rifle is taken apart. The T97 Barrel is stripped of the devices and has the bushing pressed on.
    [ATTACH]532803[/ATTACH

The T97 barrel is at the bottom - barrel shank is machined to size, barrel devices are migrated onto it just for the fitment check. On top is the stripped T81 barrel
    [ATTACH]532804[/ATTACH

Some unused notches for the pins will be filled using welder and then machined flush, just for the aesthetics
    [ATTACH]532810[/ATTACH

Existing gas port will be plugged with the threaded plug. It will be right under the front sight base so it going to be completely hidden. New port will need to be drilled.
    [ATTACH]532812[/ATTACH

The 223 muzzle. Planning to put back the "bird cage" T97 flash hider on it when finished
    [ATTACH]532813[/ATTACH

To be continued
    you should start a new thread in the red rifle section or use the existing t81 mod thread. good work btw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCyaba View Post
    go complete com block a 5.45x39 version a 7.62x54r version and a 7.62x25 version

and round it off with a 12g version
    I'll take them all!
    OFGPA, OFAH, CCFR

Awesome job!!! Thanks for documenting the process for the rest of us to enjoy

P.S. 223 AK magazine has been sent your way

Guys,

As recommended by Curtton, I have started a new thread, relocating my build report over there. Also added a new post - just my thoughts on the gas system length. Thank you All!
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...2#post18393412
    Last edited by romayama; 10-25-2021 at 02:09 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567