Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Type 81 in 5.56/223 rem possibility ?

To tell you the truth I would be really interested in a .223/5.56 T81, just so that way I only have to bring the one bucket of bullets to the range and can take some heat off of my other 5.56 guns.

BANNED
    I like my red rifles to be by 39. But thats personal preference more power to you, but i dont think the rifle in 223 would sell sufficiently to justify its production.

I'd buy one in 5.56. I already have a vz58 so I don't have much of a reason currently to get a Type 81 as it would be fairly similar to shoot. But 5.56 would be different enough to shoot I would be interested

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    the t81 in 223 was already made in a limited number which means the factory already have the machine to make them vs a 308 version that has to be developed from the ground up .

Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    the t81 in 223 was already made in a limited number which means the factory already have the machine to make them vs a 308 version that has to be developed from the ground up .
    Also, the 556 would require mag's.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    They won't make an order of LMG which requires no new parts... a 556 version would require tooling up for barrel which are not a regular produced item for the T81 line...

If we can't get LMG versions... don't expect 556 versions any faster.

Let alone 308... which would require a redesign of the receiver to make it longer to accept the larger round and mags... and would require a new FRT given the new style of receiver.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    They won't make an order of LMG which requires no new parts... a 556 version would require tooling up for barrel which are not a regular produced item for the T81 line...

If we can't get LMG versions... don't expect 556 versions any faster.

Let alone 308... which would require a redesign of the receiver to make it longer to accept the larger round and mags... and would require a new FRT given the new style of receiver.
    Exactly. Thank you. Plus TI probably doesn't give a #### about "oh I would totally get one in 5.56" as the T81 hasn't really been a fast seller to begin with.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    I want one with a longer barrel, and SVD style stock, in 7.62x54r that takes SVD mags

Quote Originally Posted by pcvando View Post
    I want one with a longer barrel, and SVD style stock, in 7.62x54r that takes SVD mags
    you and me both...
    Collector of old junk

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pcvando View Post
    be careful if it looks like an svd it may be prohibited.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast