Sig MCX Rattler and MPX K SBR’s

We have the MPX SBRs shipping and the stocks are mostly here in stock, which one are you looking for?

The rattler will need to be ordered, most dealers do not have it as a stock item.

Any idea as to when we will see next of these here for sale? Looking for collapsible stock not folding stocks

We have the MPX SBRs shipping and the stocks are mostly here in stock, which one are you looking for?

The rattler will need to be ordered, most dealers do not have it as a stock item.

Any chance there will be stand alone uppers available? I'm wanting an 8" upper for my MPX K.

Do you mean the 4.5” barrel model?

Where can I find a dealer list?

Thanks, much appreciated

8'' is discontinued from what I was lead to believe

just checked Sig's website and that does seem to be the case...as well as checked a couple of firearms retailers down south that also indicate 'discontinued'. Glad I got mine when I did...

just checked Sig's website and that does seem to be the case...as well as checked a couple of firearms retailers down south that also indicate 'discontinued'. Glad I got mine when I did...

Apparently the ballistics on the 8'' and 4.5'' were the same so they cut out the 8''. I could see how some might like the additional purchase the 3.5'' gives you on the handrail but I sold my 8'' for a 4.5'' and I haven't looked back.

As for an MPX upper, regardless of length I've never seen that offered by SIG themselves and seen very few on the private market. I would be wary of one however since that it's likely from a lower than cannot be used for some reason

There are 8'' ones still floating around in Canada, new from dealers, but would be complete and not just the upper.

I personally prefer the 8" Upper Receiver over the 4.5" version from both an aesthetic and practical handling perspective. I am not looking to upgrade. The 8" Barrel with the Midwest Industries MLOC Handguard is perfect for my needs.

20181202-210931.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently the ballistics on the 8'' and 4.5'' were the same so they cut out the 8''. I could see how some might like the additional purchase the 3.5'' gives you on the handrail but I sold my 8'' for a 4.5'' and I haven't looked back.

As for an MPX upper, regardless of length I've never seen that offered by SIG themselves and seen very few on the private market. I would be wary of one however since that it's likely from a lower than cannot be used for some reason

There are 8'' ones still floating around in Canada, new from dealers, but would be complete and not just the upper.

Where did you pick up a 4.5” MPX?

Beautiful set up - what anti-walk pins are those? Were you having issues with your pins walking out?

I like the MI hand guard as well. Was hard to choose between that or the Lancer one..

I can see the Lantac Dragon hiding there.. did you get a BMD for that too??

Beautiful set up - what anti-walk pins are those? Were you having issues with your pins walking out?

I like the MI hand guard as well. Was hard to choose between that or the Lancer one..

I can see the Lantac Dragon hiding there.. did you get a BMD for that too??

They are just KNS Anti-Rotation Pins - I put them on most of my AR Trigger Groups, even if there are no issues with the pins walking out. The Anti-Rotation means that the pins cannot rotate and prematurely wear the Lower Receiver holes.

I went with the MI Handguard based on cost and positive reviews. I considered the Lancer C-F version, but the cost kept me away.

No BMD for the Lantac, although you have to be careful with the placement of your light if it is in proximity to the vented Muzzle Blast. It doesn't take long to carbon-coat the lense such that no light can be thrown forwards!

So will the 4.5” be the standard SBR model being stocked by dealers going forward?

Apologize for being repetitive, just want clear and concise info as I’m in the market for one but don’t really want to buy from IRG.

I personally prefer the 8" Upper Receiver over the 4.5" version from both an aesthetic and practical handling perspective. I am not looking to upgrade. The 8" Barrel with the Midwest Industries MLOC Handguard is perfect for my needs.

20181202-210931.jpg

Looks great!

I put a Timney MPX trigger in mine. Wow what a difference. The factory trigger was an abomination.

What muzzle device is that? And did you use a thread adapter?

I also put a 3 slot quick detach rail section on the folding stock so I could easily detach it for various reasons.

Looks great!

I put a Timney MPX trigger in mine. Wow what a difference. The factory trigger was an abomination.

What muzzle device is that? And did you use a thread adapter?

I also put a 3 slot quick detach rail section on the folding stock so I could easily detach it for various reasons.

Yeàh, I have the Timney cassette trigger pack as well! Definitely a world of difference and worth every penny for a trigger mechanism that won't self-destruct due to the Hammer reset velocity.l

The muzzle device is a Lantac Dragon in 9mm, so no thread adapter required. Just be careful not to have a light located in the "beaten zone" of the Dragon's vents as it will quickly carbon-coat the lense, reducing the amount of light generated by your weapon light.

I went with a LAGE folding stock on my MPX. They are available from A z t ec h A r m o r y. It is both lighter and lower profile than the factory collapsing or folding options. I shortened the long LOP on my stock strut with good results.

Back
Top Bottom