CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebral_bore View Post
    Where did you pick up a 4.5” MPX?
    Many vendors have carried the "K" model; Wild West, Tenda, etc

Seems like they also call it SBR

Looking now they're out of stock

If you wonder where I got it, PM me

CGN Regular
    Beautiful set up - what anti-walk pins are those? Were you having issues with your pins walking out?

I like the MI hand guard as well. Was hard to choose between that or the Lancer one..

I can see the Lantac Dragon hiding there.. did you get a BMD for that too??

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    Beautiful set up - what anti-walk pins are those? Were you having issues with your pins walking out?

I like the MI hand guard as well. Was hard to choose between that or the Lancer one..

I can see the Lantac Dragon hiding there.. did you get a BMD for that too??
    They are just KNS Anti-Rotation Pins - I put them on most of my AR Trigger Groups, even if there are no issues with the pins walking out. The Anti-Rotation means that the pins cannot rotate and prematurely wear the Lower Receiver holes.

I went with the MI Handguard based on cost and positive reviews. I considered the Lancer C-F version, but the cost kept me away.

No BMD for the Lantac, although you have to be careful with the placement of your light if it is in proximity to the vented Muzzle Blast. It doesn't take long to carbon-coat the lense such that no light can be thrown forwards!
    Mark C

CGN frequent flyer cerebral_bore's Avatar
    So will the 4.5” be the standard SBR model being stocked by dealers going forward?

Apologize for being repetitive, just want clear and concise info as I’m in the market for one but don’t really want to buy from IRG.

CGN frequent flyer cerebral_bore's Avatar
    Bump!

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I personally prefer the 8" Upper Receiver over the 4.5" version from both an aesthetic and practical handling perspective. I am not looking to upgrade. The 8" Barrel with the Midwest Industries MLOC Handguard is perfect for my needs.

Looks great!

I put a Timney MPX trigger in mine. Wow what a difference. The factory trigger was an abomination.

What muzzle device is that? And did you use a thread adapter?

I also put a 3 slot quick detach rail section on the folding stock so I could easily detach it for various reasons.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

CGN frequent flyer tenringbound's Avatar
    Glad I got an 8” rifle when I did, not a fan of super short sub guns. Any chance of mags coming in? They’re harder to find than an honest liberal.
    "Never trust a hippie" -the Sex Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    Looks great!

I put a Timney MPX trigger in mine. Wow what a difference. The factory trigger was an abomination.

What muzzle device is that? And did you use a thread adapter?

I also put a 3 slot quick detach rail section on the folding stock so I could easily detach it for various reasons.
    Yeàh, I have the Timney cassette trigger pack as well! Definitely a world of difference and worth every penny for a trigger mechanism that won't self-destruct due to the Hammer reset velocity.l

The muzzle device is a Lantac Dragon in 9mm, so no thread adapter required. Just be careful not to have a light located in the "beaten zone" of the Dragon's vents as it will quickly carbon-coat the lense, reducing the amount of light generated by your weapon light.

I went with a LAGE folding stock on my MPX. They are available from A z t ec h A r m o r y. It is both lighter and lower profile than the factory collapsing or folding options. I shortened the long LOP on my stock strut with good results.

I'd love to buy Sig MCX Rattler in 5.56. Does anyone have it in stock?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12