Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Angstadt SCW-9

That compact Buttstock is awesome - a "must have" for PDW and PCC aficionados. The proprietary shortened BCG is not unexpected and definitely not a show-stopper. .300 BLK is the appropriate chambering for this ultra-compact PDW. Í will take one in that calibre.
    Mark C

BANNED
    300 blk is pointless for a range toy that can't be suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    300 blk is pointless for a range toy that can't be suppressed.
    I don't happen to agree. The SCW is a PDW intended for the short-range engagements associated with close protection operations. Just because .300 BLK subsonic loads are optimized for short-range use with a silencer doesn't mean that the calibre's supersonic loads aren't at least as capable as 7.62x39 mm out to 300 metres. The .300 BLK is optimized for 9" barrel length, whereas the 5.56 mm is hobbled in a pistol-length barrel with a commensurate reduction in that round's effective range. 9mm is severely limited from the outset and is largely irrelevant beyond 100 metres. For these reasons I believe that the .300 BLK in a supersonic load is the optimal calibre for the SCW's anticipated employment.

The SCW's Canadian legal status as a Restricted "Range Toy" is completely irrelevant to the discussion of firearms capability... ������
    Last edited by Bartok5; 02-22-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Well hoping they become available soon I want this in the 300 I have a NEA in a 300 and it's an ok gun but a great round not sure why it's not more popular as most people are shooting 100 to 300 eds when hunting or at the range it's a very nice round to have some fun with and to have my ar and pistol in the same calibre freaking awesome , are u folks thinking summer time maybe ? Cheers

BANNED
    Except the employment is to putting holes in paper where terminal energy is meaningless beyond the ballistic aspect. Obviously you make your own choice but paying more per round for stopping power against Herman the German makes little sense to me.

You do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I don't happen to agree. The SCW is a PDW intended for the short-range engagements associated with close protection operations. Just because .300 BLK subsonic loads are optimized for short-range use with a silencer doesn't mean that the calibre's supersonic loads aren't at least as capable as 7.62x39 mm out to 300 metres. The .300 BLK is optimized for 9" barrel length, whereas the 5.56 mm is hobbled in a pistol-length barrel with a commensurate reduction in that round's effective range. 9mm is severely limited from the outset and is largely irrelevant beyond 100 metres. For these reasons I believe that the .300 BLK in a supersonic load is the optimal calibre for the SCW's anticipated employment.

The SCW's Canadian legal status as a Restricted "Range Toy" is completely irrelevant to the discussion of firearms capability... ������

I went with 7.62x39 for my xcr mini because I use that round for other firearms and its ballistics out of a short barrel are still ok.

I'm torn on the calibre because 223 and 9mm are more practical for me but 300 blackout is the best suited for the firearm.

Any price on these?

preorder?

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Except the employment is to putting holes in paper where terminal energy is meaningless beyond the ballistic aspect. Obviously you make your own choice but paying more per round for stopping power against Herman the German makes little sense to me.

You do you.
    And you apparently only do .22LR, based on the logical outcome of your "reasoning" above.... ��
    Mark C

Uber Super GunNutz
    How is that more compact than an MPX? IMO the SIG operating system is as compact as it gets. That said, I am guessing these in 556 will be more available than the non-existent 556 Rattler?
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast