Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have advice for recent $5000 purchase. Buyer beware SFRC style.

Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    I wouldn't buy anything in the 5 grand range, without personally inspecting it before buying.
    Not always an option when your town has no gun store other than CT. I have had decent experience with SFRC before but unlikely it will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by yomomma View Post
    They offered to fix it...quit whining

This^ And next time go there in person.
    Don't worry, go plinking, be happy!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    I wouldn't buy anything in the 5 grand range, without personally inspecting it before buying.
    This.....especially used
    "My idea of gun control is keeping guns from bad people." - captain obvious

Hmmm

I see how we can get to 7000+ posts now. very constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by fridgie View Post
    Their policy clearly states firearms sales are FINAL. They are going to fix somthing thats a simple fix anyways. Quite being a vagina
    I thought I was browsing Reddit for a moment, my mouse cursor went looking for the up vote button.

All I know for sure is the folks at SFRC are stand-up people. Your situation sucks, but they did offer to fix it. And they're right, it could have broken anywhere, beyond their control. That's just life. Sucks for them and for you. I cant imagine they would have shipped it knowing it was broken. That's just not inline with how SFRC does business. Maybe you should have asked for better pictures. You said yourself you weren't happy with the website picture. They would have obliged. BTW, from a business/ legal perspective, when you sling the phrase "legal action" at a company, conversation is over. Have your lawyer contact theirs if your serious because once these words are uttered, you've committed yourself. But I recommend you just work it out with them.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

Sounds more like buyers remorse and looking for a way to get out of the deal
    I would have to agree with the above assessment.

That being said I have dealt with them dozens if not hundreds of times and anytime there has ever been an issue they always make it right.

Pics of the rifle? Or it never happened.
    CONFIRMED...SEND IT!

We've already dealt with this. You have the option of being sent a replacement ring plus one extra free one or will we have the scope/mount sent here at our cost and install the new ring here. Either way you will get an extra free ring in case you ever have an issue in the future.

You failed to mention that you want us to give you $480 for your" unnecessary time, energy, intellectual
    preoccupation, phone calls, and emails" with us. We gave you 20% off when you purchased it as well.

The firearm did not have a broken ring when it left here but I did say anything is possible so we are gladly replacing one. It could have broken during shipping, unboxing, falling over or any one of 100 things but that didn't matter to us so we said we would replace the ring.

Ryan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    So you really want this gun.

You buy said gun.

Said gun had a defect.

They say they will fix the defect.

You will have the amazing gun you wanted in the shape you wanted it in.

Sounds like you regretted your purchase. Suck it up and sell it if you need to or enjoy the amazing firearm.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast