Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have advice for recent $5000 purchase. Buyer beware SFRC style.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Hey Tcost~I'll throw my hat in the ring...

I don't know what kind of gun/scope/mount was involved, but SFRC can't be held responsible for damage that happens during shipping. I'm assuming they packed it well? The other question (I don't think it was asked) I have is~was the scope mounted ON the rifle during shipping? I've only bought a rifle/scope package a couple of times (used) but always requested that the scope be removed. I would assume that SFRC packed it well, whether the scope was mounted or not.

Bottom line, if they took the proper care to pack-up an expensive rifle/scope combo and Canada Post (or a courier) beat the crap out of it en route...how is that SFRC's fault? Sounds like they offered a couple of options (at no cost to you) to make it right, so what's the big deal? I 100% get being disappointed, but the world is an imperfect place...and what matters is what a retailer will do to support you after the fact. From my perspective, they've hit all the right notes.

What used gun did you buy and when?

Quote Originally Posted by TreMoR View Post
    Sorry for you ,,

I had an issue with a used gun bought at sfrc too. no help from Ryan,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    What used gun did you buy and when?
    A Rossi with a stock that wobbled, like I wrote to you. Finally, I bought another stock somewhere else , now it' s fix.
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yomomma View Post
    Sounds more like buyers remorse and looking for a way to get out of the deal
    Exactly. Just take them up on the offer to install a new mount yourself and be happy they stood behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    Hey Tcost~I'll throw my hat in the ring...

I don't know what kind of gun/scope/mount was involved, but SFRC can't be held responsible for damage that happens during shipping. I'm assuming they packed it well? The other question (I don't think it was asked) I have is~was the scope mounted ON the rifle during shipping? I've only bought a rifle/scope package a couple of times (used) but always requested that the scope be removed. I would assume that SFRC packed it well, whether the scope was mounted or not.

Bottom line, if they took the proper care to pack-up an expensive rifle/scope combo and Canada Post (or a courier) beat the crap out of it en route...how is that SFRC's fault? Sounds like they offered a couple of options (at no cost to you) to make it right, so what's the big deal? I 100% get being disappointed, but the world is an imperfect place...and what matters is what a retailer will do to support you after the fact. From my perspective, they've hit all the right notes.
    Yes it was shipped on the rifle, next time I will ask them to not. Yes it was packed up quite well. Double boxed, no damage to either box. This is why I am hesitant it happened during shipping, but I suppose things can happen.
    This post was to ask for advice, and thank you to all who added constructive imput...
    My perspective is what I purchased arrived damaged, I think anyone here would be dissapointed too.
    I also have been a sucker to gunsmith time lines so am hesitant to believe times estimated.
    Maybe I shuld just be happy with a 3 week turnaround on a new to me purchase?
    The amount of people who have had positive interactions with sfrc, eases my mind a bit knowing that they are not trying to screw me over.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcost View Post
    Yes they will fix the defect, but the point is the rifle was listed as having no defects...

It’s buyer beware, and no company is immune from presenting there products in the best possible light as possible even when it is not. Live and learn trust no one when you are buying something, and this can be avoided. Also if SFRC is a sponsor company, you are at a disadvantage, even if you are a 100% right. Good luck

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    You know how many times ive had recalls on $35000 dollar vehicles? Unfortunate but chit happens
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

Pics or it didnt' happen

Can someone explain to me how you need a gunsmith to put on a new scope ring?

Quote Originally Posted by PesTo View Post
    Can someone explain to me how you need a gunsmith to put on a new scope ring?
    There is actually quite a few people who lack either the tools, knowledge, or confidence to do that themselves. I personally still get nervous mounting the more expensive glass

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast