Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have advice for recent $5000 purchase. Buyer beware SFRC style.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PesTo View Post
    Can someone explain to me how you need a gunsmith to put on a new scope ring?
    Torque driver, lapping tool, bore sighter, etc...
    Or just clamp it on and shoot at the dirt till you figure it out.

Tcost I would like $510 compensation for having to read through 51 posts on this matter. $10 per post seems fair to me for my unnecessary time, energy and intellectual
    preoccupation. PM me and I'll send you a email address for a EMT.

But really joking aside, I think SFRC has handled it quite well. I've dealt with them a few dozen times, zero issues.
    Last edited by mileageman; 02-21-2019 at 06:00 PM. Reason: now 51 posts

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrain View Post
    There is actually quite a few people who lack either the tools, knowledge, or confidence to do that themselves. I personally still get nervous mounting the more expensive glass
    I dare to guess it was a VoPo refurb K43 with original scope and repro mount. That thing is complicated. i wouldn't even try, especially on rifle with that price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Tcost I would like $510 compensation for having to read through 51 posts on this matter. $10 per post seems fair to me for my unnecessary time, energy and intellectual
    preoccupation. PM me and I'll send you a email address for a EMT.

But really joking aside, I think SFRC has handled it quite well. I've dealt with them a few dozen times, zero issues.
    Jokes aside asking for compensation isn't uncommon. If your lame or dumb you'll never ask and you'll never get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcost View Post
    Jokes aside asking for compensation isn't uncommon. If your lame or dumb you'll never ask and you'll never get.
    I just asked and I'm waiting for my compensation

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    I dare to guess it was a VoPo refurb K43 with original scope and repro mount. That thing is complicated. i wouldn't even try, especially on rifle with that price tag.
    Yes it was/is. Name:  20190213_222505.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  44.9 KBName:  2019-02-13 22.51.25.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  45.0 KB
    Here are some pics for the pic hungry folks. It hard to see, I can see how it was missed if it was.

I’m guessing lock soon, but can’t help but to want more details. Personally I’ve never mounted any scope to a rifle in rings that couldn’t handle being shipped. Even dropped... I also have a hard time believing it sat for sale for any length of time without being noticed broken. $5k is a decent amount of money for a rifle and scope. You’d think it would’ve had $200 rings on it?
    Pics would go a long way in settling this!
    On a side note, I’ve had good dealings with SFRC.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I haven't seen pics.. But my M48 with Euro mounts ..I had to get the machinist at work to retap and get oddball metric screws
    Seeing pics now changes everything.. I would think it is flawed from the dealer

+1 for SFRC. Stopped in for my first time a couple weeks ago. Knowledgable and friendly service. Had lots of in-stock variety to browse through. Definitely a positive experience.

I think this has run its course so I am locking it. Thank you everyone for your input as well as the OP. The rings are on the way and should be here any day.

Ryan

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast