Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have advice for recent $5000 purchase. Buyer beware SFRC style.

Anyone have advice for recent $5000 purchase. Buyer beware SFRC style.

Just thought id post my experience here with SFRC. I HAVE spoken to them AND emailed and it is getting no where. Anyone have advice?

1) I purchased a scoped rifle package from SFRC for over $5000 during their used gun sale.
    2) The gun arrived with a broken scope mount. I notified them same day of delivery. I had to call 2 days later because no one got back to me. Later that afternoon they emailed me back.
    3) They say I now need to wait for them to get new part in. They said will ship it to me to fix myself or i can wait for them to fix it if i ship scope back.
    4)The setup was listed as in NRA good working order.
    5) I asked for a refund or compensation as the rifle package is not in the condition described.
    6) The rifle/package is not in good working order as they described in the ad and they are refusing to offer me a refund.
    7) they are now claiming I could have damaged it or shipping damaged it. as the photo they had on their site is of poor quality and does not show the correct angle to view the damage.

For a $5000 purchase i hope all CGNers expect better than this.
    Is there any legal recourse I have? or is this just buyer beware SFRC style?

Tcost

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    They offered to fix it...quit whining
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

Your bullet point #4/6 is likely the main cause of action and concern.

The scope mount is broken, they will fix it, so all's well and chalk it up to possibly shipping or other misfortune.

But that point #4/6 you made, that the rifle is not in good working order, vs the advertised statement of being in good working order, that would be a valid item of contention.

Now it is TBD to understand, what is not "in working order."?
    1 cannot successfully legislate an object 2 control an action / If u have a problem & u think someone else is going to fix it for u; u actually have 2 problems / If guns kill people then pens misspell words,spoons make u fat & cars make u drive drunk

Im sorry to hear of your situation, but whether a 5000 or 500$ firearm, it seems like sfrc is doing what is necessary by working with you; providing options. I recently purchased a used firearm through them and knowing this is their response actually is comforting.

Sounds more like buyers remorse and looking for a way to get out of the deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    I wouldn't buy anything in the 5 grand range, without personally inspecting it before buying.

Yes they will fix it... The ad was not for a workable product in several weeks. I was supposed to be purchasing a scoped rifle not a SFRC gunsmith experience.

Their policy clearly states firearms sales are FINAL. They are going to fix somthing thats a simple fix anyways. Quite being a vagina

If you take the new scope mount all good no?
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Hmmm

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast