Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: .458 SOCOM 18.6" AR-15 barrel order- gauging interest

CGN frequent flyer
    I don't see the 458 socom barrel pre-order on your website anymore, are they still available to order?

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysavage View Post
    I don't see the 458 socom barrel pre-order on your website anymore, are they still available to order?
    These particular barrels will be offered once they are ready and in hand.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Right now I'm looking for either a .458 or .50 Beowulf 18.6" barrel for a build. At this point I think I'll end up building which ever one I find first.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer propliner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by techi870 View Post
    Right now I'm looking for either a .458 or .50 Beowulf 18.6" barrel for a build. At this point I think I'll end up building which ever one I find first.
    I'd take either one as well, but preferably .50 Beowulf.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Any updates TNA?

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Id prefer a bolt action 458 socom but if the price is right when landed i may have to make something of that stripped lower i bought a few months back

Me not being an ar fanboy what all is needed for a 458 socom build? Just barrel and bolt face and everything else is the same as a 223? Forgive my ignorance ive never built an ar before
    I understand what i need to complete the lower but does the upper just need a bolt carrier and face gas system and barrel?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brybenn View Post
    Id prefer a bolt action 458 socom but if the price is right when landed i may have to make something of that stripped lower i bought a few months back

Me not being an ar fanboy what all is needed for a 458 socom build? Just barrel and bolt face and everything else is the same as a 223? Forgive my ignorance ive never built an ar before
    I understand what i need to complete the lower but does the upper just need a bolt carrier and face gas system and barrel?
    The bolt itself and barrel/brake are the only things that are gonna be specific. AFAIK, everything else (including mags) is interchangeable with standard .223 AR parts. Gas block will probably be on the bigger side, lol.

Upper needs a bolt carrier group, barrel/brake, gas block/tube, charging handle, forward assist if you're building a standard AR, handguard/barrel nut, dust cover,

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    The bolt itself and barrel/brake are the only things that are gonna be specific. AFAIK, everything else (including mags) is interchangeable with standard .223 AR parts. Gas block will probably be on the bigger side, lol.

Upper needs a bolt carrier group, barrel/brake, gas block/tube, charging handle, forward assist if you're building a standard AR, handguard/barrel nut, dust cover,
    Thanks

No news but I'm told they're still moving forward.

BTW it's Maple Ridge Armoury who is making them
    True North Arms Corp.
    Instagram truenortharms

Quote Originally Posted by brybenn View Post

You'll also need an upper receiver with a "big bore" ejection port. The 2nd-gen upper receiver that MRA is working on will have this feature. There are also other options like the Anderson big-bore upper.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Instagram truenortharms