Price per Side Plate: 64.99

Aluminum Oxide Ceramic Level IV
    Price per Side Plate: 69.99

Silicon Carbide Ceramic Level III
    Price per Side Plate: 89.99

Silicon Carbide Ceramic Level IV
    Price per Side Plate: 109.99

CGN Regular
    What is the purity for the Aluminum Oxide Ceramic plates? I believe the higher purity(85/90/95/99), the harder the plate and higher the price is.

In for steel plate and side plate of avaible !

If it was possible to ensure common lot numbers amongst plates which are purchased together I would be happy to grab a set and test one for myself at the range. NIJ is great to have, but I'd rather convince myself that the plates do what they're purported to. Interested in the lightest weight plates.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonichanxiao View Post
    What is the purity for the Aluminum Oxide Ceramic plates? I believe the higher purity(85/90/95/99), the harder the plate and higher the price is.
    We are not sure but can ask. We haven't heard about the purity, but we would need to know more specifically what you are asking. Are you looking for the chemical composition of the ceramic, or the ratio of different materials within the ceramic?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roostre View Post
    If it was possible to ensure common lot numbers amongst plates which are purchased together I would be happy to grab a set and test one for myself at the range. NIJ is great to have, but I'd rather convince myself that the plates do what they're purported to. Interested in the lightest weight plates.
    We will keep an eye out for batch numbers and will try to hold onto a set of three or more plates from the same batch for you if that is possible. We will be testing our samples soon and will post here the footage of those tests for all of you.

Looking good so far, I would still like to see the test result for the IV plates

After that and your vids I am am in for :

A pair of Silicon Carbide Ceramic Level IV Shooters Cut and a FAST Ballistic Helmet IIIa to start

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by sonichanxiao View Post
    That's kind of a ridiculous and pointless question...who cares? If it holds true to the ballistic rating that's all that matters. It's a budget plate, no one cares about "how pure" the aluminum oxide is.
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    We are not sure but can ask. We haven't heard about the purity, but we would need to know more specifically what you are asking. Are you looking for the chemical composition of the ceramic, or the ratio of different materials within the ceramic?
    This is what I found from CCGK website using Google translate:
    http://www.chinaccgk.cn/product/11.html

Name : Bulletproof alumina ceramic plate
    Material:A120+PE
    Color: black; other colors can be customized
    weight:NIJIII (2.4KG), NIJIV (2.7KG)
    size:250*300mm
    Protection level:NIJIII, NIJIV
    Warranty period: 8 years
    Insurance: Ping An Insurance 3 million

product manual:
    Alumina ceramics have the highest density, but the hardness is relatively low, the processing threshold is lower, and the price is relatively cheap. According to the purity, it can be divided into 85/90/95/99 alumina ceramics. The higher the label, the higher the purity, the higher the hardness and the price.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    That's kind of a ridiculous and pointless question...who cares? If it holds true to the ballistic rating that's all that matters. It's a budget plate, no one cares about "how pure" the aluminum oxide is.
    You don't care doesn't mean others can not, correct?

It's budget, because it's from China or just the price is cheaper than those US made? If the price is doubled, you start caring?