Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819202122232535 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Plates Incoming

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonichanxiao View Post
    I am trying to see which grade of plate AI Tactical Solutions is getting, which I believe would affect the hardness, possibility little bit on weight and price. Cause from the manufacturer's website, it seems the price and hardness would be noticeable for 85 and 99 purity.
    We have sent the email and once we hear back we will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    We should be testing our sample plates in about two weeks. We will post the link to the video here once its ready. Also if the plates do sell well initially based on our testing we will endeavor to send the level IV plates for official NIJ testing in the US.
    Thanks

The no testing on the IV plates is a yikes for me, especially with the amount of back face deformation in that vid.

I will def consider a LVL III set until the LVL IV is tested

Shawn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Thanks

The no testing on the IV plates is a yikes for me, especially with the amount of back face deformation in that vid.

Shawn
    That's the problem with Internet test videos when you don't know what you're doing. Ballistic clay has to be a certain type and calibrated softness/temperature for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    That's the problem with Internet test videos when you don't know what you're doing. Ballistic clay has to be a certain type and calibrated softness/temperature for testing.
    Hence wanting the test docs

Shawn

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Thanks

Shawn
    We have actually analyzed the video. The back face deformation only looks as bad as it does because the fabric covering on the back of the plate ripped open, giving a larger appearance of bulging on the back of the plate. In regards to the clay it is just modelling clay. But we do understand what you are saying. However as mentioned in the video for the price you can just use it as level III with a bit of extra confidence against m855, until we get them fully tested. However when we do our test of the plates we will use ballistic clay and show you the results.

Business Member
    Actually we do need all of your assistance with something. We are having trouble sourcing .30-06 blacktips, if any of you could assist us with this we would be grateful and will give a 10% discount on our store to anyone who can point us in the right direction. If we can't find black tips we will use steel core .30-06.

There was a guy selling the projectiles on the EE but you would have to find someone to load them. Or load them to the same velocity in a .308 casing (if that's possible) I dont have 30-06 dies.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    We will be giving progressively larger discounts on the combined purchase depending on the size of the package. For example if by purchasing the pair of plates you save 10%, if you bought the full set including the helmet you would be looking at between 15-20% off buying everything separately.
    Talking about progressive discounts: does it apply to your normal stock? I saw some items in Surpat section I might be interested in.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    There was a guy selling the projectiles on the EE but you would have to find someone to load them. Or load them to the same velocity in a .308 casing (if that's possible) I dont have 30-06 dies.
    Thanks for the advice, we'll take a look and see if we can find that guy.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezuch View Post
    Talking about progressive discounts: does it apply to your normal stock? I saw some items in Surpat section I might be interested in.
    With our normal stock currently no. We are working on putting customizable packages in place and they should be up around the same time as the plates are up for pre-order. If it does interest you we can include packages of the plates and a combination of other SRVV items. Please let us know which items you might be interested in and we can potentially work up a package that you and many others might enjoy.