Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Plates Incoming

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    That vid did remind me of a question I forgot to ask. Are these tiled or continuous surface?

Shawn
    From everything we have been told these are continuous.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    Would there be a bigger discount if a person ordered 2 full sets? (Front, back, and side plates) or just the packages with various different items?
    You would probably only get the discount for each full package. If you are military or law enforcement we provide an additional discount on all our items as well.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by easysauce View Post
    Only thing I can think of is to expose the plates to heat/cold and to being dropped from about 5-6 feet onto a hard surface to ensure they will hold up.
    We can do that, we have the NIJ requirements for hot and cold and drop tests. Thankfully Canada does not hesitate in providing us plenty of space for cold weather testing.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dacron View Post
    This.

Every other plate has a lab certification behind it, a certification for the lvl 4 would go a long way compared to someone selling a product conducting the test.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.T.R. View Post
    Or send them in for proper testing.
    We will be sending the Level IV plates in for official NIJ testing. However lab testing is not cheap. We would like to know if there is a large enough demand to justify spending the large sums of money on sending them for official testing. If enough of you are interested we will not hesitate. However we also do not believe in selling untested products, therefore we are doing our own tests and sharing them with all of you. Also we have been as transparent as possible throughout this whole process. Our offer does still stand for us to video call anyone of you in so you can watch the results live. Or who knows we might even do it as a stream. For the time being, view the Level IV plates as Level III with extra protection.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by easysauce View Post
    I am pretty sure that has and is being done since the plates still have the NIJ label. Lots of chicom plates on the market work just fine. We are getting a custom test here! I dont get to video tape the NIJ lab so I am happy to have a video made on top of that.

If AIT is reading this:

One more thing to test would be the spalling, not many videos do that, I would be interested to see that performance too.
    That is a fantastic idea. We will see what we can do to test this.

Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    That is a fantastic idea. We will see what we can do to test this.
    Yes. For the steel plates, which is what I’m looking at. So both the point of break, and spalling.

From everything we have been told these are continuous.
    Thanks

You would probably only get the discount for each full package. If you are military or law enforcement we provide an additional discount on all our items as well.
    Vets count? If they do I am buying more LOL

Shawn

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Thanks

Vets count? If they do I am buying more LOL

Shawn
    Vets most certainly do count. We generate custom codes that you can then use as many times as you want on our store.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-2 View Post
    Yes. For the steel plates, which is what I’m looking at. So both the point of break, and spalling.
    We will be sure to add that in to the testing.

Put me in for steel plates, maybe a helmet depending on sizes available.