Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Plates Incoming

Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    Not sure if they'll be NIJ testing independently since done stateside. They updated their first post.

"Further update, we have received the official NIJ test results from the distributor, and they have passed all the NIJ certifications, as tested by the NIJ certified lab NTS in Kansas."
    Interesting why do none of the plates shown have stickers with manufacture and certification on them then?
    Post the lab results and certifications for the armour along with insurance

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    What do the S.C ones weigh
    LVL III 1.75kg
    LVL IV 2.4kg

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    I am not sure. If it is possible it would have to be special order. Please PM us about this if this is make or break for you and we will keep you up to date whenever we get anymore info.
    Not a deal breaker, but I would like one.

Shawn

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    Interesting why do none of the plates shown have stickers with manufacture and certification on them then?
    Post the lab results and certifications for the armour along with insurance

gadget
    We will be posting the certifications we have on the product page of each plate when we put them up for sale. We have posted some of the lab results here but I believe they are buried somewhere in the low teen pages. We will make sure that on the product pages you will see the appropriate lab results.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Not a deal breaker, but I would like one.

Shawn
    We will ask now. Worse comes to worse once we get the helmets in we can order in either a custom set of straps or we can make one in house to switch the sides for you.

BANNED
    I am VERY interested in a set!!! ...and I have 2 buddies who will most def also be interested in some too!!!

I am looking at level IV plates...provided they are coated/done right to deal with any "spalling"

Your two level IV options are...

"Aluminum Oxide Ceramic Level IV Shooters Cut" vs. "Silicon Carbide Ceramic Level IV Shooters Cut"

With the price being a little higher and the weight a little less on the silicon carbide ones...is there any real "pros and cons" between those 2 models vs saving a bit of weight for a bit more $$$?

Do any and/or both of these level IV plates require soft or trauma pads to be used behind them for the full level of protection?

I am looking for durability and toughness as #1!!!

Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing back and reading/seeing more on these plates!!!

Also what style of level IV plate where they testing in the video in your OP?

BANNED
    To add very interested in a FAST style/cut helmet as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by pure.black.xiii View Post
    I am VERY interested in a set!!! ...and I have 2 buddies who will most def also be interested in some too!!!

I am looking at level IV plates...provided they are coated/done right to deal with any "spalling"

Your two level IV options are...

"Aluminum Oxide Ceramic Level IV Shooters Cut" vs. "Silicon Carbide Ceramic Level IV Shooters Cut"

With the price being a little higher and the weight a little less on the silicon carbide ones...is there any real "pros and cons" between those 2 models vs saving a bit of weight for a bit more $$$?

Do any and/or both of these level IV plates require soft or trauma pads to be used behind them for the full level of protection?

I am looking for durability and toughness as #1!!!

Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing back and reading/seeing more on these plates!!!

Also what style of level IV plate where they testing in the video in your OP?
    I second this! I'm having a difficult time choosing between the two, however I am more worried about the plates cracking with me using them for training as opposed to worrying about catching a few rounds. Though, I would still be purchasing it for personal protection.

CGN Regular
    Any chance of lvl IV steel comin in down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by DDreadz View Post
    I second this! I'm having a difficult time choosing between the two, however I am more worried about the plates cracking with me using them for training as opposed to worrying about catching a few rounds. Though, I would still be purchasing it for personal protection.
    Its all about money and weight.

Less weight = more money

They aren't going to crack unless you are throwing them on the ground on the corners

Shawn